Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a 2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4x4, 4.7L. 23,000 miles. 100% stock right now, no mods of any kind.

About 1500 miles ago I had the front ball joints replaced per the recall. I wasn't having any issues with the front end before they were replaced and had intended to wait until much later to "cash in" on the recall. However, the last time I went in for my state mandated annual auto inspection, the dealer took it upon themselves to perform the recall.

In any event, in the past 2 weeks or so I have noticed a general looseness in the front end, and when going over bumps, stopping, or accelerating I get a slight clunk and what feels like a loose steering wheel (like the whole steering wheel is moving fore and aft!)

Any ideas what this may be? I am inclined to think it may be a bad steering damper or something, but the fact that it happens when I accelerate from a stop or when I slow down to a stop has me concerned it may be something more.

Thanks!
Ryster

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
check to see if the shock bolts are tight or any of the bolts around the A arms or spindle are loose.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Sounds like they did a crappy job, take it back and complain to them. My dealer called and asked after they did them to make sure all was well.

Andrew

·
Registered
62 Posts
I took my durango in about 6 months ago to a dealer. When i got there the guy argued with me that since i had a shop replaced them a year before that all i could get was my money back. so we told him to call a gal the dodge corperation and she set him straight told him he had to replace them again cause the ones put in buy a tire shop were the exact same ones that where in there in the first place. So then next went got the wango and noticed the sterring wheel was not straight ahead anymore it drove like a gem.Then about a month later the everytime i hit a bump the steering wheel jerks one way or anotherand stays that waytill i stop.Then when i stop the steering wheel turns back the oppsite way it turned.And on top of all that it pulls one way or another. So now i wish i would have never went to that dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.