DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting to find out if anybody could help me. I tried the key on key off for 3 times while pressing the odometer button and it came up CHEC in the display. so i let off the button and it come up trip 000000000. well finally it came up and started doing like little lines and everything. then all my dash lights come on and it goes right back to the regular odometer and everything. does this mean there are no stored codes or what? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is just a check of all the dash gauges and dash lights to see that they are working. The odometer lines you mentioned are it testing all the LCD segments to make sure they all work. It is different than checking for codes. I may be wrong but I think the only way to get the codes is to hook up a OBD2 tester.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pwhoever said:
That is just a check of all the dash gauges and dash lights to see that they are working. The odometer lines you mentioned are it testing all the LCD segments to make sure they all work. It is different than checking for codes. I may be wrong but I think the only way to get the codes is to hook up a OBD2 tester.
ok, i just wanted to make sure. i thought before somebody said you could get the codes by doing that. oh well, i guess i will just have to take it in sometime to see if there is any codes. Thanks for the reply

·
Derelict
392 Posts
You shouldn't have to press the odometer button. It's just on-off-on-off-on. On 1998s it might still blink the check engine light instead of showing the codes in the odometer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.