DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have any OBD II scan tools that allow for logging the channels via laptop? I am not looking to be able to reprogram the ECU's just read the CAN channels and log them on my laptop. I would prefer a generic unit that I can also use for other makes and models if necessary. I found this but am not sure if it's any good.

http://www.scantool.net/obdlink.html

·
DirtRunner TreeDragger
895 Posts
I was going to get that one,
I like the bluetooth link as well because you can view real time parameters as you run your vehicle, if you don't mind a glance a the laptop.
Save buying many guages like an o2 sensor and the like.

But, I don't run a pc but a Mac so I didn't end up getting it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Look into the DashHawk and see if it logs like you want.

I have it and log with it, just don't use it with a laptop.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
She Sure Looks Pretty, but I Sent Her Back for Some Blue Teeth, Will Keep You Posted... I Can Say Their BT Add On Works Pretty Well So Far- Acquired ElmScan5 Bluetooth Even using Less Expensive Micro Innovations Brand (FYI-hang on to your old MI driver cds/make back up copies of your previous licensed MI and "Solxxx" software as it appears they are no more/ or are now a different company and No support or drivers etc avail from the company as it used to be) Ultra Mini Dongles at 35 or so Meters in Industrial Offiice Setting .

(as per the one review on that site you sent us)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
06QuadRam can you translate that because I can't make that jibberish out, that's why I asked you guys what you have/are using.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don Vito, that dash hawk looks pretty nice but I guess I am looking for something that does a little more diagnostic features. Thanks though, I have never seen that one yet. I used to use a scanmaster 2 (similar to that) for my old car but want a little additional functionality too.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
This one appears to be the king that I have found so far. A little expensive but it definately is for real.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/products.html
I have a copy of thier software but you need the hardware to make it work and it is proprietary hardware and they do not sell one without the other.

On a side note, you can buy USB to OBDII cables on ebay all day with software. They do not cost much either

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a copy of thier software but you need the hardware to make it work and it is proprietary hardware and they do not sell one without the other.
So you only have the software? What SW version do you have? Do you know any guys that use this thing?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I dont remember the software version but I do know you have to have the hardware connected before the software will fully boot. I actually was emailing one of their techs back and forth all last week about trying to get just a cable from them but they will not sell it separate.

IDK anyone using it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.