DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping everyone can help me out because i am at the end of my rope. I have a 2006 2500 Ram Hemi, removed the cats put in defoulers and my passenger rear O2 is throughing codes. I cant remember the code right now, but the code tells me that the O2 is bad. I replaced it once, code went away for about a month then came back. I dont want to have to replace O2s every few months while i am saving up for my tune. Any ideas on what is happening? do i have a short in the O2 wire some where, or am i fouling out my O2s by not running cats? Any help would be great.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
what tuner do you have???

and try some steel wool inside the foulers then put the o2 sensors in

no your sensors arent bad they are just having codes thrown

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a tuner yet, saving up for one...might do a custom tune (need this check engine light issue to go away).

I hooked up a Starscan to it, and the O2 was pegged to the low end it wasnt cycling like it should the engineer told me to replace the O2. So now its doing it again, i did have aluminum foil (what i was told on another forum) in the defouler, but seams like you guys say steel wool is the better way to go.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
also sct has a rear o2 sensor delete they really dont matter if you have that code just tells you weather or not the sensors are working

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
trust just put steel wool in your non foulers and that will stop the codes form coming back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Onebadbee, which SCT allows you to do that, i thought they all removed that feature because the tree huggers. Or is it one of the custom map?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much did it set you back for the custom tune with super chips, with out any tuner i got a price for 800 any advice would be great.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
contact hemifever for your sct tunes..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.