DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having the worse time installing the o2 the passenger side the heat shield is in the way...i need help on installing it any advice needed

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump... i would really like to drive my truck today, any help please

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
u can still drive it without installing the sensors can't u? the only thing thats gonna happen is that ur check engine light is gonna be on.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Was Told U Can Drive It Without The Rear O2 But U Need The Front Ones Because If U Dont It Just Shuts Off On U And That The Issue I Have On The Pass Side

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I installed the Pacesetter LTs on my 04 I had to remove that heat sheild and even dent up the floor a little to get my sensor to fit. Maybe this helps.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i just might have to do that....thanks....what kinda bolts did u use for the headers

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
i'm having the worse time installing the o2 the passenger side the heat shield is in the way...i need help on installing it any advice needed
I had the exact same problem on mine, I tried bending the heat shield out of the way but it still wouldn't fit. I had to take the header down to the muffler shop and have them weld in a new bung in the proper place and put a bolt in the old bung.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I used the bolts that came with the headers, and they seem to be fine. The gaskets that came with the headers SUCK....either buy new factory gaskets or do what I did and reused the stock ones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used the stage 8 locking header bolts. They work!!! I never had a leak or had to retighten them. I got mine from Summit Racing. I also used the Dynotech gaskets from gsmotorsports.com. Headers were my best mod on my 04'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.