DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the exhaust redone from long tube headers back through to new tips :rck:

Problem is from day one the check engine light is on took it in today and the first O2 sensor is busto and the timing for the injector is at .5 ms instead of 1.5ms? (not sure if the 1.5 is right but its at .5 now)

The mechanic says that not having any O2 sensors running is screwing my performance and ruining milage.

My question here is do I need to replace the first set of O2's and just get the blockers for the 2nd set or should I find a way to get them both back in there? As far as I know the headers have a place for them, or atleast should, and the rear ones are non-existant like my cat.

:gr_patrio
Thanks for any help/advice!

·
Registered
240 Posts
The upper injectors on the exhaust system IS what controls the fuel, the rear ones after the cats only monitor the health of the cat. So I would look into replacing those upper ones for sure if they are damaged.

The upper injectors control fuel to about 75% throttle and below or so. When your at WOT then the 02 is no longer in play and the ecu goes to a WOT map. This is common ecu 101 but then again dodge is in bed with benz so who knows now whats up?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir I'll have to go order one in the morning.. is this something I can manage not to f-up myself or bring it in somewhere?

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
you can replace the O2 with the proper socket,....... it has a oval piece cut out of the side of the socket so you dont crush the wire bung ans also dont forget the antiseize for the threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.