DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Quadder
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles before the O2 sensors need to be replaced?

I have 65,000+ miles

I have a federal emissions 4.7. How many sensors do I have?

Is bosch a good replacement? Is there something better?

My mileage is low 12mpg city. Its cold and the gas is crappy in winter I know but It seems that I could pull off a few more than that.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
O2 sensors generally last 60-80K. I know my sensors need replaced and I still manage 11.5-12mpg with my 360 with a good amount of idling in the -20 temps. Highway mileage is still adequate as well. Once I get a warmer day I plan to change them out. I know the 5.2/5.9 engines have 2 O2 sensors...not sure about the 4.7. Bosch & Denso are both good brands. It's aggravating that there was just a sale on O2 sensors a couple weeks ago...then my CIL comes on! Never fails.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If a new o2 sensor doesn't work, I think you're in the growing group of the mysterious gas mileage shortage that happens in Dakotas and Rams. If the o2 sensors are even a little bit off a code should show up.

I've tried just about everything to fix this issue and I thing this will become the next 10 year / 100,000 fix that Do-edes pickups will list.

Generally, I change them ever 50,000.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
well if you have the fed emmisions one then there is a fair chance that you have 3 cats. and that there are atleast 4 o2's on your truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.