DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hopped Up on the N
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the PLX DIGITAL WIDEBAND AIR/FUEL GAUGE Sensor Module Combo (DM-5 + SM-AFR). Instructions say "Mount the wideband oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter and at least 24 inches downstream from your engine block or turbo for optimal performance."

Thats where im supposed to mount the sensor. My questions is, i crawled under there and it doesnt look like there is 24 inches between the block and cats. WTF?!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
If there isn't 24" I would just have the O2 bung installed just before the cat.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
what sam said.... farthest aways from the head but before the cats will prolong life. I eat threw the sensors every 6 months or so on my supra from the egt's...

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Also place it on the top half of the tube so that condensation won't collect on the sensor. You could move your cats back also if you want to make sure you aren't too close to the engine.

·
Hopped Up on the N
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So am I really the only person with stock exhaust who wants to run an Wideband O2 system?! I kinda expected more ppl to chime in here??

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
the only problem i see, is when you do the long tubes, you will probably gonna have to get a new o2 sensor bung welded in. just cause the long tubes are so long.

·
mafosa
824 Posts
no.. just like like what these guys are saying. about a inch before the cat like about 1 o clock position.
i had to cut out a section of exhaust to get it up on my workbench to weld it up.
if you must follow there directions to a "t" then add some pipe to get it that 24" (headach)..

·
Hopped Up on the N
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, headache indeed. welding in a new bung when i do the exhaust is no problem. I'll see about putting it an inch or so before the cats.

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
get hiflow cats with the o2 included with the cat.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
So am I really the only person with stock exhaust who wants to run an Wideband O2 system?! I kinda expected more ppl to chime in here??
I guess I don't understand your need for a wideband, unless you're going to have a cam installed or heads you really don't need one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.