DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 dodge intrepid 2.7 is getting Bank 1 and 2 sensor 2 high voltage codes. I replaced the sensors and cleared the codes. It is still getting the same codes. I recently had an issue with the key lock cylinder which when replaced made my windows, air, signal lights, and wipers all work again. every now and then they stop working until i jingle the keys then they all work again. is there a loose wire or connection between the key cylinder and the ignition that may be causing an electrical problem thus tripping the high voltage code with the sensors? back story is that there were no codes until the cylinder messed up in the first place and i am wondering if the issues are all connected. the sensor codes all appeared while the car was off to begin with. I had the keys turned and the radio on but not running when the codes first appeared. odd that the o2 sensors would trip a code when the car was not even running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a feeling there is a bad spot on one of the wires leading from the PCM to the o2 sensors. could anyone suggest where that might be or provide me with a wiring diagram that shows the o2 sensor wires from the PCM to the sensors themselves? if its not a wire from the PCM I still think it may have to do with a short in the steering wheel column. can anyone please shed some light for me so that i can actually fix the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A leak in your vacuum lines could trip the CEL and throw codes for the O2 sensor, since the sensors job is to measure the air/fuel mixture. Check to see if you have a vacuum leak by spraying starter fluid on your vacuum lines while the car is running. if the engine revs when you spray it, that's where the leak will be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.