Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Recently I purchased a 2004 Intrepid with a 2.7 V6. $2400, I couldn't pass it up, car looks good for the price and year. Test drove it, sluggish at 1st, could use a transmission filter change (hard shifts), however, when I floor it (when it's cold) as it doesn't want to go, it back fires and the engine light blinks!

So I check the codes after replacing the 2 front/top O2 Sensors (P0132, P0133, P0152, P0153, and P0420) codes suggested to change. I ignored the P0420 because the thing runs great when it's warm, and the fact that it has dual Cats above the drivetrain, and just below the electronics...

After putting in new O2 Sensors, the problem reoccurs. Almost immediately...
Could the computer be on the fritz? Or maybe I missed something? Car was scanned with a Snap-On Solaris, mechanic had the same idea as me, ignore the Cat code, due to O2's, and running fine warm. He also removed the codes after I resolved the O2's.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thinking about CarFax now, lol be my luck it was a flood totaled vehicle. It drives too well to be that bad however. Friend of mine said some Dodges are just cold natured like that. He also said it'd look cool with headers coming off the sides rather than those big ol' cans (Cats). :rck:

Thanks in advance,
KrissB

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.