DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the demand for a core program for 07+ rams, i am now offering a core program for these. The great thing about these lenses, is there is a multitude of possibilities for customization with them. For example, you can have the basic tint of the lens, you can tint the lens and leave the "afterburner" circles left untinted for unobstructed visibility, or you can color match the lens to your vehicle and tint the "afterburner" circles.

Basic tinting fee will be as follows:

285 dollars for the basic tinting, which consists of tinting the lenses with the traditional tint, while leaving the reverse lights clear. This price includes the third brake light, for a complete lens replacement. When you receive the lenses, box them up, and i will refund 105 dollars. As always, I include 15 dollars free shipping and handling to you. Any additional cost will be removed from the core refund. For example, if shipping is 30 dollars, an extra 15 dollars will be removed from the core refund of 105, for a total core refund of 90 dollars.

You will need to pm me for special pricing for color matching the tails to the body color.

There would be no additional fee if you would just like the tails color matched, with the afterburner circles left clear.

Look forward to now being able to serve all you 07+ guys out there.

Chad.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to bump this thread, since it was nearly 12 last night when i posted the announcement.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a new night runner D and i want to see how much to get the back lights and the third light tinted. and if you can even do it. Also i want to change the front lights if you know where i can find those in black or if you know how to take it apart and tint the inside. i used to know a guy who could do that but he moved

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BDC - yes, i can do all of the above. PM me and let me know if you'll be able to send in your lenses. I do not stock any of the lenses for a new generation durango.

Chad.

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
cbrenn71....I always wanted to ask..How are you able to get an OEM Chrysler body color to be applied so that the brake or turn light can show though....in other words the transparency while retaining the exact body color???....I know how the smoke is done.

Is cleared applied for final finish?? And can you do a set where just the afterburner parts get the treatment be it body color or smoke only.

Thanks for a reply :gr_patrio

Richie

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my color matching is not transparent. I do not believe in colormatching tails and saying they will be safe for on-road use.

When i say color matched, i am referring to the fact that the lens will be shot in body color in areas where the brakelight will not shine through. Basically, this can only be done on the 07+ rams, and the 3g dakotas, among others.

The 07+ tails allowed you to do an array of things and i am able to body match the entire lens, with the exception of the circular lenses, which can be tinted using my coating, so basically the only areas light shines through is the circular areas. I cannot however color match and say it is safe for the street. Other people on here have bought them like that, and all it is is a thinned down body color with clearcoat. I think it looks great for a show, but i dont feel it has a place on the street.

I hope i answered your question/s. let me know if you need anything else.

Chad.

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
Thank you Chad...Yes your answer was very good.If i do something and undue this mod riddle in my mind,i will PM you.Sometimes i wish i could just turn it off...lol

Thanks again for the reply. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
93 Posts
are there any pictures of the color matching you can do on the 07-08 lenses?

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do not have any pictures of color matched tails, however, the entire lens would be painted body color except for the two circular sections, which would be tinted. It is something i would recommend if you're looking for something to separate yourself from others.

·
This Space Left Blank
328 Posts
Do you do color matched headlights?

I.E. paint the chrome surfaces.
Obviously not the reflective lens, but the bezel around them.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have done them before, but it is not my specialty. as long as the 07 headlights use a butyl rubber (black sealant) and not an expoxy= they can be separated, i can do them for you.

PM me if you're interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts