DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've ever done a stereo swap/install, so I'm sorry for the stupid question but I just want to be sure before I start pulling. do I just pull the antenna free of the stereo or does anything else need to be loosened first. Thanks in advance

· Registered
365 Posts
Way to go. I knew you could do it! :rck:

· Registered
9 Posts
sin2sin said:
nevermind. got it. new in-dash 6 disc changer installed.
Just curious, I'm assuming that you had the standard CD unit to begin with, but did you also have the 6-speaker Boston Acoustic setup? I'm wondering if it's possible to swap CD players, but still keep the 276 watt amplifier that comes with the 6-speaker option. (I messed up - ordered the 6-speaker option but not the 6-disk changer!)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats exactly what i did. do you know how the amp connects to the headunit? as you can tell im no pro at this but the only extra available connection on the back of the headunit seemed to be for a wiring harness. i thought that might have been for the ves system, uconnect, or something along those lines.

· Registered
9 Posts
sin2sin said:
thats exactly what i did. do you know how the amp connects to the headunit? as you can tell im no pro at this but the only extra available connection on the back of the headunit seemed to be for a wiring harness....
I couldn't tell you - I am still awaiting delivery of my Mag. I'm hoping that I didn't waste my money on the B A system if I can't use the amp with a different head...

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cant imagine that being the case since most factory stereos dont come with RCA connections. im guessing, but i'd think that if it can be hooked up to the single disc the same connection should work for the changer. the back of each one was nearly exactly the same. let me know what you end up finding out because amp and speaker upgrades are next on my list after sirius.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.