DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im getting the pacesetter lt's and i have an05 daytona, so i have to cats and i need to keep them for maryland emissions reasons, can i put on the lt's and than 2 cutouts and than just push the cats back further on the line or what? And the front 02 sensors would be in the header bungs so i could open the cutouts!
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Do you have a RC or QC? If it's a QC you should be fine, but if you have a RC you would probably push your y-pipe back dangerously close to the gas tank keeping both the cats and using cutouts. At least it did in my case, so I've put off using cutouts until I can fab up a heat shield and get some header wrap to wrap the part of the y-pipe thats sits close to the gas tank.
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have an rc, but isnt their enough piping there to push the cats back without moving the cats back by cutting some of the piping out and welding them further back, and not have to move the y-pipe?
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Well I used the Pacesetter y-pipe and Magnaflow cats(which I highly recommend) and with cutting the y-pipe down as far as possible, clearance was still be super tight, that's why I put off the cutouts. If you're using the stock setup it may not be as bad, but I would still think it would be a real tight fit. I saw a post where one guy actually placed his right next to the cannister "thingy" in front of the gas tank and melted it.
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see im not using the pacesetter y im going to keep everything stock from the cutouts back stock and just move it back a bit, i wish i could find a pic to show what i mean
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
I think I know what you're saying, but you have to remember that the LT headers are way longer then the stock manifolds, so that moves everything back farther. Then you add in cutouts and it leave very little or no room on RC's. Here's a couple of pics, first one shows how close to the front tank area, and the second shows how little y-pipe is left on that side and the cat which is connected directly to the header.
 

Attachments

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i have a chance without cutouts but it will be close correct?
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
My y-pipe sits 6"-8" from the front of the tank area, so you probably will have to go cats or cutouts. I was going to try and squeeze cutouts in, but I'm really not sure I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
There is simply not enough room to fit cutouts and cats with long tube headers. I was the one who melted my vapor canister by having the y-pipe sit to close it. I actually had to cut my y-pipe down to clear the canister and I'm actually only running CATS with no cutouts.
What you can do is get the magnaflow CATS and then buy manual opening cutouts. Make sure the cutouts are the came length as the CATS and have a slip fit connection. Just clamp the cutouts in place then when inspection comes around swap the CATS in place instead :rck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
see im not using the pacesetter y im going to keep everything stock from the cutouts back stock and just move it back a bit
I'm gonna chime in and say thats a HUGE mistake, r u sayin ur gonna keep ur stock y pipe?!?! :s thats the ugliest lookin piece of crap. if u want nice gains from ur exhaust, thats the first thing u should change
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
simioh said:
I'm gonna chime in and say thats a HUGE mistake, r u sayin ur gonna keep ur stock y pipe?!?! :s thats the ugliest lookin piece of crap. if u want nice gains from ur exhaust, thats the first thing u should change
Hell yeah I agree 100%, at very least get a Flowmaster y-pipe installed in your factory y-pipe.
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
kicker5.7 said:
There is simply not enough room to fit cutouts and cats with long tube headers. I was the one who melted my vapor canister by having the y-pipe sit to close it. I actually had to cut my y-pipe down to clear the canister and I'm actually only running CATS with no cutouts.
What you can do is get the magnaflow CATS and then buy manual opening cutouts. Make sure the cutouts are the came length as the CATS and have a slip fit connection. Just clamp the cutouts in place then when inspection comes around swap the CATS in place instead :rck:
Can you post those pics again so he can see the kind of carnage he may get?
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok

ok christ i am either doing a flowmaster or magnaflow y-pipe and im just trying to ask for help cause i dont know much about cars, trucks or anything, thanks for the advice is all i will say. Ok im going to do the lt's and a new y-pipe out back, can i fit cats in between them or no?
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Yes you can fit cats and y-pipe, just not cats, y-pipe AND cutouts.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top