DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the d isnt what she used to be. I want to know be sides oil change,spark plugs. What i should do to bring her back i was thinking of new wires, I got a new rotor just trying to get the dist cap off. Any ideas the only real engine mod is fastman tb and intake.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Can you be a bit more specific? What symptoms are you observing?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
what's wrong....

·
Registered
167 Posts
regular wear and tear will rub horsepower. what do you expect from an 8 year old vehicle. all i can advice is do the regular maintanance on schedule. if you are not happy with the power you can always get it rebuilt or get an engine build by the fastman. good luck

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well when i get on it. It seems like its lacking power and hesitates to go. she struggles to speed up like if im getting on to the highway and gun it. he doesnt want to speed up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i know. But until i get the money for a fastman i want to get a lil more out of it but i want a supercharged fastman.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
just take off your tb, and give it a good cleaning with some brake clean. take a tooth brush and clear out all the passageways in the throttle body. make sure you take out the IAC and tps before you do this. it should help. make sure your plugs are gapped properly and make sure you have a new cap/rotor. wires are also probably a good choice if you haven't done so in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
do a intake service, ive got the kits, im sure jiffy lube will do the induction service for 30 or so, that will burn off carbon like hell! ive run 2 bottles of sea foam through my intake manifold and that helped allot

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats seafoam can i use this stuff? i know some things about cleaning the engine

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the seafoam stuuf should i use the deep creep or the orignal and should i dump it down the throttle body or vacum line? and the rest in gas tank

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
I would also have the exhaust checked out to make sure that there aren't any obstructions and that she's breathing well. Sometimes a catalytic converter being slightly clogged will do the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.