DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so after winter im planning on getting nitrous and all the goodies to go with it
im just looking into things and trying to find the best deal

what all do you have?

im planning on getting a nitrous setup DUH, 125 shot, bottle warmer, purge kit, (maybe a remote opener) it'll be behind the seat hidden, and a nitrous pressure gauge, wideband gauge, and the nitrous switch center

anything else needed?

im either getting the NX kit or the kit from dynotunenitrous.com

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
Damn that’s a nice bunch of goodies. I think the only other thing I have is an electric nitrous pressure gauge that goes on my steering column. Tells me my pressure so I don’t have to keep looking back at the bottle. And an automatic bottle warmer. Also don’t forget your fuel safety switch. If for some reason you lose fuel pressure under an adjustable amount it with break the ground to the nitrous and shut the solenoid so you don’t blow your engine. You will have fun with N2O

Joey

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i wanna do it safely as i can
where do i get this switch

im thinking of going with zex since its my first kit and do it on full throttle

im thinking of forgetting the nitrous switch center and putting the switches on the dash with the cutout switch or making a panel for them and getting a fuel pressure gauge

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thank you very much!
also how do you like the electric fan
is it worth the 300 bucks? how much horses can i think about getting about 5?

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
no problem. actually i just installed it a few days ago with my cam so im not sure how much it helped

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
I have the NX Express Dodge EFI Kit, bottle warmer with pressure sensor, guage, purge, and safety blow down tube. Adjustable to 175 HP.. I really like the quality of this kit and comes complete with everything you need and I have it mounted behind the seat so a remote opener is not really necessary... even though I have yet to open up the jets beyond a 35 shot I ran a 13.51 with it so far....

TJ
oh and i forgot the WOT switch and rocker arm switch on my left window panel..

·
Registered
985 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i wanna get that too but im thinking of just making my own switch center in the little middle cubby hole
so i can get fuel pressure instead of spending 150 for a switch gauge
how should i run the tube outside? cause i will be putting the bottle in behind the seat

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
raney i have never seen that before in my life! lol i really like that switch center. i wish i would have went that way

·
Registered
985 Posts
navy44 said:
raney i have never seen that before in my life! lol i really like that switch center. i wish i would have went that way
it sure is pretty trick. It will be nice when i get it all done (when i put the cam in). I'm running zex and dynotune componets.

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
That beast is going to scream!!! And you owe it all to MY dual pillar pod..... Oh, and the thousands of dollars you put into it. I guess that helped to. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think the safest option is a window switch, check out Harris Speed Works if you get a chance. It will turn it on and cut it off at a good RPM to keep from fraggin the engine!!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I ran the NX stage 1 kit with nex gen and it was a safe setup. Just need a remote pressure gauge to watch. And watch the wheels spin LOL.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha i think im going to go with this dynotune nitrous setup for $389
unless some kind of deal comes about when im ready to buy (crossing fingers LOL)

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
Just a heads up. I used two of dynotune nitrous solenoids (one for the nitrous, one for the purge) and on the 11th pass down the track the nitrous one stuck open on me. Let off the throttle, still spraying. Shut the engine off and had to close the bottle to get it to stop. Not bashing dynotune. All my gauges, wideband and n2o pressure are from them. I just bought a nitrous express solenoid and haven’t had a problem. Maybe I just got a bad one. But it’s a miracle I didn’t lose my engine from that.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so what system are you using now?
i know your not bashing them but damn if i wanna have that chance ya know maybe i need to go with the zex set up

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.