1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Grab Life By The Balls
948 Posts
The aspen and durango are done until 2010-11 until the new design. The durango will make it back but the aspen will be dropped for good.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that article makes it sound like if something like it comes back it'll probably have a different name or something... oh well to tell the truth all I care is the that Dodge/Chrysler has a largish very capable SUV

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The article is in the Rumours section

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was just about to post a new thread when I noticed thisone...
I read it here:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2809540#post2809540

As I posted there, I just hope this crisis does not affect the american car industry as the oil crisis in the 70's did, killing the muscle cars and also making cars a little ugly (most of them). One of the things I like most of the D is it's Freightliner-like front, and I hope the big grille with the Dodge cross remains...

I also hope engines can remain relatively simple, with torque, etc... I'd hate to have to move to a Hybrid because that's "all there is to choose from" in 2011.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well we were going to trade the wifes car for a 08 D. but i'm gonna pass. I dont want anything thats going to be really hard to get rid of when it comes time for a new car

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also hope engines can remain relatively simple said:
from what i have read the 09 D hybrid is capable of towing 6000 lbs. and with the 2 stage hybrid mode is capable of 400 HP. It still uses MDS mode and claims 19 city/20 hwy. the writer of the article stated he got 21.5 mpg combined city and hwy. this was a thousand mile test drive from maine to Wasington D.C. to Cleveland.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Why would it be really hard to get rid of? The Durango will be back in 2010 or 2011

·
Registered
102 Posts
Off topic but how do i "quote" single sentences or paragrahps from a post?
:thatfunny my previous post

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Click the quote button :)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from what i have read the 09 D hybrid is capable of towing 6000 lbs. and with the 2 stage hybrid mode is capable of 400 HP. It still uses MDS mode and claims 19 city/20 hwy. the writer of the article stated he got 21.5 mpg combined city and hwy. this was a thousand mile test drive from maine to Wasington D.C. to Cleveland.
6000lbs isn't enough... my wife's Neon on my car hauler is pushing 5200lbs dry, add fuel and the other fluids.. plus the tie downs, plus the battery and winch I'm mounting on my trailer and I'd be close...

Shoot my Fifth Ave and my Trailer are 6300-6400lbs...

Hell My Fifth Ave towed 5500lbs heh

·
Registered
102 Posts
i do that but it quotes the whole post. oh well

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.