Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

just joined recently and have been lurking, reading up on stuff. i just recently bought an '03 2500 heavy duty st regular cab long bed with the 5.7 and found this site while trying to find info on it. so far im really liking the site and all the info contained in it.

my truck is about as basic as they come. no power locks/windows, no carpet. flat black trim all around. coming up on 36k miles. some guy traded it in at my work for a new GLI and i just had to have it. got a great deal on it too.

well thats about all i have to say, just wanted to introduce myself. btw i work for a BMW/VW/Mini dealership in the KCMO area. i work in the VW parts department. i know this is a Dodge forum, but if you have any questions concerning VW's feel free to ask

·
quadhemi4x4
626 Posts
WELCOME TO DODGETALK!! Enjoy your new truck and stick around cause u can learn alot of stuff on here. Very informative site.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
rear end problems. If you have the LSD

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
OHH yeah Welcome to DT

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
actually I saw that u have the 2500. I dont think the clips are a problem on the 2500's

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
One other thing, if you are the 2nd purchaser of the truck, you can transfer the 7/70 warranty. You gotta contact Chrysler or drive to a Dodge dealership and ask them about transferring the warranty. If people say you can't tell em bullshit. You have until 30 days after you buy the truck and it only costs $150.

KB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KB112 said:
One other thing, if you are the 2nd purchaser of the truck, you can transfer the 7/70 warranty. You gotta contact Chrysler or drive to a Dodge dealership and ask them about transferring the warranty. If people say you can't tell em bullshit. You have until 30 days after you buy the truck and it only costs $150.

KB
wow, wish i had known this sooner. i've had the truck for over a month. i was told when i bought it the warrenty transferred automatically.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...o yea...be ready to throw down serious $$$$....we are all here to help you spend it!!!

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
chefred112 said:
...o yea...be ready to throw down serious $$$$....we are all here to help you spend it!!!
Yeah what he said! :stu: :stu: Welcome & Don't forget to join a club or 4... :gr_patrio

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Welcome to DT !!! Spend time here and you end up spending money no doubt. lol.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
thecow said:
wow, wish i had known this sooner. i've had the truck for over a month. i was told when i bought it the warrenty transferred automatically.
welcome man, also when I bought my truck it was transferred automatically as well (they paid the transfer)...just go verify with the dealer because mine did it for me. Just verify they did it for you and that they weren't talkin out their butt to get you to buy.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Yes, Welcome Aboard! Your gonna love that rig. Post some pics!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry for the delayed response. thanks for the welcome.

this is the only pic i have at the moment. kinda crappy quality but its all i have

its a standard cab longbed, tan in color, any ideas as far as visual modifications? i seen in the sponsor section theres a lowering kit but it didnt say anything about 2500's. are they compatible or are 2500's not ment to be lowered? not looking to slam it or anything, just drop the ass a little. its jacked waaay up compared to the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
so is there anything i should know about these trucks? this is my first dodge. i already know about the hemi tick, but anything else?
Welcome aboard. I think you will love it here and find this site to be very informative. As far as anything else with the Hemi powered trucks that you need to know about........well they tend to pull real hard one way or the other, just depends which side of the road the gas station is sitting on :thatfunny I have an '03 and have hade it for nearly 18 mos. now. It had 37K on it when I bought it and it now has 54K on it. No problems at all so far and I love it. It is almost like driving a sports car, it is that responsive. Do some very simple and inexpensive mods and you will be surprised how much you can wake up that hemi! :rck:

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
welcome. I may take you up on the vw stuff. I have a '86 golf that i'm swapping a 1.8t with a gt2871r turbo into. I also have a 85 golf with a 1.6 diesel for a daily

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.