DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 SLT Laramie 4x4, (79k miles). I sold a '96 SLT back in 2004 and always regretted it.
I've been adding a few accessories and the latest is a set of driving lights (fill in the holes in the bumper moulding).
My question is, I can't see any mounting holes for them so can someone snap a quick pic or two as a reference before I go and start taking things apart. I can't find anyone with one I can take a peek at around here.
I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.
Wally

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Were did you buy your lights at im also interested in doing this mod . Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto Parts Avenue. (online)
I'm just unsure where they attach. All the wires and plugs are on the truck already (near/under the core support) so I just need to wire in a switch.

Wally

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
I would run a toggle switch i have heard that there is a certain support that has to be bought for them to fit properly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Wally, I took a better look at the bumper and noted two carriage bolt holes under the top bumper cover that the lamp bracket bolts on to. I lifted the cover (there are numerous tabs holding it in place) and used 1" long 5/16" course threaded carriage bolts. I also had to trim the lamp holes in the bumper. I cut approx. 3/4" off of the back with a utility knife. I heated the blade with a propane torch which dulls the blade but slices the plastic like butter. I cinched everything up and will wire them tomorrow.

Wally:D

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Pics ? That would be lovely

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Ok Great thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.