DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a noisy lifter(s??) since the current long block was installed. The noise has slowly but surely gotten worse over time. At this point, I am almost positive that the lifter is collapsed and is the cause of an ongoing low to mid speed miss.

Being as the heads will be off anyway, it seems like a great time to change heads. I called Hughes Engines today and placed an order for their "prepped" Edelbrock Aluminum heads. In addition, I am getting the proper 1.6:1 aluminum roller rockers, pushrods, lifters (obviously :D ), timing chain set, and their HER0814AL camshaft. The cam makes power from idle to 5500 rpm and is just what I need for daily driving and towing duties.

Of course, to make use of all this fine equipment, it is high time to upgrade my intake system. A Hughes stage 1 billet throttle and a Ram Air Box will round things out.

Should make for a reasonably stout little motor overall. This postpones my plan for a 408 stroker for a bit, but the low speed miss forces my hand. I cannot quite afford a stroker yet.

Still big on the wish list are underdrive pulleys and electric fans. I suppose an MSD ignition would not hurt either.

Anyone have an opinion on whether I will be OK with a stock PCM with this combination? I forgot to discuss that with Hughes. I do not really want to be stuck using premium if I can help it, so I have been avoiding PCM changes.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just have your current pcm flashed to accomodate the new engine parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.