DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am new here and if this has already been addressed I apologize. I did a quick search and found nothing. I have a 'new to me' 2003 Durango. I have noticed that it sounds like the center console between driver and passenger seat creaks a wee bit. Anyone else experience this? Is this a quick turn of a wrench type of fix? I have not fumbled through our garage to see if I have any wrenches that will fit the bolts yet.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Any hazing, well, it's expected. ;)

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Is it the cover to it or the whole assembly you think is squeeking?

If it's just the cover, try putting some stick on felt pads under the cover to support it a little better. CanyonD had this same problem but I can't remember how he fixed it. Search again for just console

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don. It's not the cover it's definately the 'console' itself. If you push down on the front of it near where the top cup holder is and wiggle it then you hear it creak. I tired wiggling it from several different places: top, sides, front, etc and got the same creak. I can see 4 bolts inside at the bottom when you open the console top and I hope I can just tighten those down. But you know how it is, it might turn out to be something 'hidden'. Let's hope not.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
You must not have searched for the words creek, creak, creeek, creekky, crreek, or creeeek....

Here is the thread.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91648&highlight=creek+creak

My console got real noisy right before the latch catch broke. Not sure if you are gonna have the same problem, but the latch plate is ~$14 from the dealer and the latch is ~$9.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.