DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my truck lifted around 3000 miles ago no prob;ems so far and today when i was turning around my cul-de-sac i heard a creeking from the front so i turned it the outher way and it did it the same and i sound like it was comeing for the steering componenets does any one have any ideas on this and if its a problem?? i am running 33"s on a 2002 2wd Ram

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine arnt rubbing because there arnt any marks under the fender area it siund like the steering components

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha another ting is when i shift from park to reverse or rive there is a destinct pop that comes from under the pick up i have all ready had the shift selinoid replaced by the dealer sould i be worried about this also?

·
Registered
697 Posts
The creaking, is probably because the lift kit you have probably uses polyurethane bushings, and if they are not greased with some silicone grease when installed they will squeak, if this is your problem, it won't hurt anything but it is kind of annoying. The transmission pop, I would guess is because maybe you parked on a hill and the extra leverage of big tires made it harder for the tranny to change gears. Try setting your e-brake next time you park. But when you come to a stop, set the e-brake and then put the truck in park. Maybe this will take the loaded stress off of your tranny.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks diesel i will try that and post what the difference is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.