DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 4.7 2 wheel drive ram and recently it started to make a squealing sometimes grinding and it feels like its clicking but it only does the things when i'm turning to the right. It all started a day that here in Chicago was 20 below and i was really really late for work so i left without warming up the truck, I know you guys really really stupid of me and i regret doing that. So as soon as i started to pull away it started to squeal really really bad and this was just going in reverse, so once she warmed up she drove fine until i turned. Now it doesn't always do it just sometimes. Can you guys please help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
sounds like multiple problems
squealing power streering
grinding brakes
clicking loose wheel
but not likely

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if tis power steering though wouldn't it make the noise turning to the left as well? Everything only happens when turning right.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
i know your problems dont make sense im guessing multiple things going on here idk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking i might just need new brakes. Now its only happening when i brake.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input though i went out to check the things that you mentioned and saw that the coolant was a little low and i did need very little power steering fluid.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I know i always feel better at least knowing what my noises are
its when you dont i'm scared to drive

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You scared but not for me for my truck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
im just saying this because it happened to me............. jack up the frontend and check the driverside wheel bearings.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
im scared to drive my truck with unknown noises

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just went through a bad wheel hub bearing on mine. sqeeked, squeeled, grinded. it was ittermittant at times, more when going around turns. checked brakes, checked for stone in between disk shield. narrowed it down to the hub, there is/was a recall on the 06 hub bearing goin bad so i knew in advance thats most likely what it was. luckily warranty covered it. good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.