DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from the guy that sold me my truck-dealer. He told me he'd heard I was selling the truck and said that the dealership was interested in possibly buying it from me since it's only 1 of 2 Mega Cabs they've sold and it's sharp.

So I take it in for ha-ha's, it's a lazy Sunday here. So the "appraiser" comes in and starts making noise about the paint-it's got a awful lot of orange peel-what type of accident was I in!:shocked: Told him that's how I got it from the factory-he said he'd have to run a Carfax to make sure because it looks like it's been repainted. I knew it wouldn't get any better.

So he gets done and goes through his little GALVES wholesale book. Does some hmms and hawsss. Then gives me a figure of $21000! Are you kidding me? I told him-I didn't just fall of that banana boat. He started saying how they had to do reconditioning, pay for this, do that, yada yada. Then again mentions that they might have to put sometime into the paint because it looks like where I took it to fix didn't do a good job. :VHOT: Well, this little ding dong did more harm then good with this analysis -makes me wonder what's happened to the dealership. Then he tells me that he'd be lucky to sell a Hemi truck because the way gas prices were-he'd never get it off the lot-no one wants trucks anymore. So ummm, does that mean all the new 2008's will just sit there too huh dude?

All I can say from that experience is WOW. I'd already decided to keep the truck for hubby's replacement. But after that attitude-I don't think I'll be looking there for a replacement for me.

Nell

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
So they just wanted you in there to slap you in the face ? Did they use a rubber glove ? That's BS

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr HVAC Ram02 said:
WOW.. some gimmic to get ya in there.... then down your baby? talk about a slap in the face!

Mega cab eh, Very Nice!

Yeah it was insulting. Being that I bought one of the only Mega Cabs they've sold in two years out of the place.

It is nice-you've got a nice ride there too and welcome to DT!

Nell

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
07HEMI said:
So they just wanted you in there to slap you in the face ? Did they use a rubber glove ? That's BS

Yeah, some nice salesman there huh? Here we really want your truck, it's one of the nicest we've had sold out of here and them WHAM! It's not worth anything to them. He's lucky he didn't have to surgically remove my foot from his rear. :D And it was total BS.

I won't be going back there-even now for service-I'll let hubby take it to the place right down by where he works from now on.

Nell

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks..

there is a lifted mega cab in my area, 22's with agressive tires (Nito's) and it's black with flames on the front... damm sweet..

although i don't need the quad nor mega, just liked the look of them and enjoy the space inside!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr HVAC Ram02 said:
Thanks..

there is a lifted mega cab in my area, 22's with agressive tires (Nito's) and it's black with flames on the front... damm sweet..

although i don't need the quad nor mega, just liked the look of them and enjoy the space inside!

We maybe getting new rims this spring. Seems that the brake dust has really pitted on Chrome clad rim-the other is showing signs of it as well. Guess it'll be a fun spring for shopping. :)

Nell

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nelliebly said:
We maybe getting new rims this spring. Seems that the brake dust has really pitted on Chrome clad rim-the other is showing signs of it as well. Guess it'll be a fun spring for shopping. :)

Nell

pitting eh, for me that would all i needed for an excuse to head to the rim shop lol

i found these rims, they are a 5 or 6 spoke in 22's ... the spokes are chrome, but the rim between the spokes are black...... Drool!!!!!
what ever rim i have though, no car tire look for me, i have to have the off road tire, even though my truck is 99% concret jungle driven..

to me it's all about looking like i could, even if i never have the time to!! LMAO!

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Nelliebly said:
Yeah, some nice salesman there huh? Here we really want your truck, it's one of the nicest we've had sold out of here and them WHAM! It's not worth anything to them. He's lucky he didn't have to surgically remove my foot from his rear. :D And it was total BS.

I won't be going back there-even now for service-I'll let hubby take it to the place right down by where he works from now on.

Nell
Make sure he wears his new DT shirt :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dale3fan3 said:
Make sure he wears his new DT shirt :D

You'd better believe that he will. :) He'll be telling everyone about this site there!

Nell

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Hate to say it but this is the oldest scam in the stealership bag of tricks. Cold calling people who bought vehicles 1 to 2 years ago with the story "We really need more of ____ (whatever vehicle you brought) and we're paying top dollar". Its just a scam to get you on the lot and get you the itch to buy a new vehicle from them while they steal your trade. I'm not sure why you'd expect anything different. And the idea that they sold only 2 mega cabs in the history of the dealership seems completely ludicrous to me (unless you are in Olean or some tiny town). Maybe I'm used to Texas where they have 20 of the damn things on the lot at any one time.

Anyway - glad you kept your truck but sorry you wasted your Sunday...

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
Nelliebly said:
So I take it in for ha-ha's, it's a lazy Sunday here. So the "appraiser" comes in and starts making noise about the paint-it's got a awful lot of orange peel-what type of accident was I in!:shocked: Told him that's how I got it from the factory-he said he'd have to run a Carfax to make sure because it looks like it's been repainted. I knew it wouldn't get any better.
They should go out on there lot and look at all the orange peel on the new ones. I have had a couple of people comment on the paint on mine, They don't paint them like they use to, all orange peel.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HoustonHemi said:
Hate to say it but this is the oldest scam in the stealership bag of tricks. Cold calling people who bought vehicles 1 to 2 years ago with the story "We really need more of ____ (whatever vehicle you brought) and we're paying top dollar". Its just a scam to get you on the lot and get you the itch to buy a new vehicle from them while they steal your trade. I'm not sure why you'd expect anything different. And the idea that they sold only 2 mega cabs in the history of the dealership seems completely ludicrous to me (unless you are in Olean or some tiny town). Maybe I'm used to Texas where they have 20 of the damn things on the lot at any one time.

Anyway - glad you kept your truck but sorry you wasted your Sunday...

Nope, live in a rather urban area of NY-Dutchess County which is 90 min north of NYC. The dealer has 9 different makes of cars they sell over a 2 county area. The trucks just aren't a "hit" here, I can could count on one hand how many there are here. 2 inferno red, one black, one silver and one white. That's all I've ever seen running around.

Sad thing was the salesmen did know we had the truck up for sale-that's why he called me to bring it in. It's the fool that runs the "appraisal" end that's the slug.

It only took under 10 min for the whole thing-not long at all. I waited longer at the grocery store afterwards.

Nell

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
piper18 said:
They should go out on there lot and look at all the orange peel on the new ones. I have had a couple of people comment on the paint on mine, They don't paint them like they use to, all orange peel.

Yeah, my whole truck has it bad. I even have a run by the antenna that never should have passed quality control. But it did. Hubby's Dakota has a mirror finish and looks so much better than mine does. Oh well,live and learn because the dealer took pics and Dodge did nothing about it.

Nell

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Thats a crazy story i just went truck looking for a new dodge or newer than my 2002 and they offered me 5500 for my truck i was like no you are insane...but it was sad to hear that number

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
damn, honestly I'd call and ask for the dealership gm and explain how they were douchebags and how you are never shopping there again based on that...what a waste of your time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.