DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an 06 Laramie QC 4x4. Almost didnt buy it because I was in shock a 4X4 Laramie doesnt have tow hooks(at least this one). To make it worse, it doesnt look like there is a place to mount any. What are my options? How will I be able to go mudding with my chevy and ford buddies with no tow hooks? How will I pull them out?

:thatfunny

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
They were an option on most trims-either by themselves or with the Protection Package if it wasnt an offroad pkg to begin with- pretty lame, my Sport didnt come with em, but I will be purchasing them and installing anyways :rck:

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
my 05 ST 4x4 came with the hooks, mine has the Protection group, comes with the hooks and skid plates, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dale3fan3 said:
no Im a 04 It mounts across from frame to frame rail behind the plastic grill insert. I would guess the 06s are the same. If you hant a phot I will take one. The 1500 tow hooks are a 1pc design with 2 hooks on a bar
If you get a chance, a pic would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
ok here you go. Now the plastic piece I cut to work with the hooks because I dont like the look without it like dodge ships them. you can see the large bar that goed frame to frame behind the bumper and the bolt where it mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Thats a mighty, fine tow hook bar you got Craig. :) Looks much better on your truck than my lowered 4x2. I don't know what DCX was thinking adding a towhook to my package.

KB

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
KB112 said:
Thats a mighty, fine tow hook bar you got Craig. :) Looks much better on your truck than my lowered 4x2. I don't know what DCX was thinking adding a towhook to my package.

KB
I think someone had their head where the sun don't shine that day!

And I agree they look better on my truck then yours! LOL

Thanks again for the great deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.