DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member here have 03 maxi van 3500 modle 5.2 engine died out had it towed to shop they said it was fuel pump after installing new fuel pump van wouldnt start was towed to another shop and they have not figured it out it has new engine aprx 5,000 miles on it cam and crank positon sensoers are correct asd is good any help in figuering this out would be grate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that i know of asked he guy at the shop that is working on it and said no codes came up they pluggged in anew ecm and it glowed as soon as key was turned to start position

·
'98 B2500 Ram Cargo Van
680 Posts
What do you meen "it glowed"? :huh:

Pete

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Well if it wasn't bad before they put it in, it's bad now. :(

You might want to have them start looking for a short in the electrical system that could've fried both PCMs.

·
'98 B2500 Ram Cargo Van
680 Posts
Did the first PCM do the same thing?

Was the second PCM the correct one, or did the shop try to find a used one that was "close enough" - i.e. off of some other model Dodge V8?

Also, I don't know if you know this or not, but the voltage regulator for the charging system is inside the PCM for your van. I've got to wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Just throwin' out some random ideas, here. They may or may not help! :D

Keep us posted please.

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help ecm is the correct one i took it to the shop its one year only part the van is in pa and i from mich use it for delivrey business when talking to shop other day they said the tech line he called says thier is supposed to be a ground wire at the back of engine and thires nothing back thier i was gonna tow this back took tow bar and ecm out ecm did nt work and tow bar woulndt work so back to having shop figuer it out hopeful;y it will be going soon thaks again for the replys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks again for the advice belive vans gonna be running now shop got parts in new coil which was bad other shop said it was good new coil in new rebuilt ecm in going to dealer to have ecm flashed and should be running again then hopefuly start working on my conversion van

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
The other shop told you that there was a new coil INSIDE the new rebuilt ECM?

Boy..they're way off. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes the one shop told me the coil was good shop its at now checked and said it was bad hopefuly it will be running once it gets flashed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.