DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced VSS and that was not it could it be the RWAL or is there a wiring problem, I am getting 2.5v. at VSS and 5v at the RWAL does anyone what they should be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the abs sensor saturday, it should be in this week. hope to have an update soon. for now just keeping miles down for the trade in. jk

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
what year is yours?

if its a 99 or newer could you please take some measurements of the abs sensor before you install it? I need the diameter and the depth of the sensor to the mounting flange. thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
VSS VS. ABS Sensor

I have the same problem engine light is on, abs light brake light and speedometer doesn't work until 30 MPH, did a code scan got P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction and no other ones could that be the fix for my problem....can anyone help me with this i am in need to get back on the road

bobby

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is probably it, i had the same thing, but i kept driving, and the speedo will not work until higher and higher speeds, mine was up to 65 mph before it would work. I replaced the RWAL sensor in the rearend after some help from big joe ss/t and that fixed it speedo works and lights are gone in the dash. that is probably your problem too. i would check the wiring first just in case, that sensor is about $50.

thanks to darcar and Big Joe SS/T for the help.

hope this helps bobruss96 let us know what you figure out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked with my father in law and he said that the VSS would fix the check engine light since that is the code coming up, and should fix the speedometer as well, but the ABS lights would be another sensor

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
^ its all the same sensor. there is no vss, there is a tranny speed sensor which tells the pcm the speed that the tranny is moving at and the abs speed sensor in the pumpkin uses a gear and a magnetic pickup to create a sine wave relitave to the speed of the gear spinning which tells the pcm how fast each wheel is spinning and if one is spinning faster then the other it cauese the abs to react and pulse the brakes. so your father in law doesnt know what hes talking about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.