DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i thought it was my old stereo that was the problem . Well its not . I bought a new head unit from DemonHemi ( thanks Demon ) works like a charm well after hooked up and playing Radio just like my old one it will not play Sound through my doors when playing CD''s it only plays them through the subs so its it all bass so my question is what in these GEN 2 dodges send signals to play CD's to the door speakers it plays radio nicly crisp and clear so please help . It annoys the living hell out of me .

Thanks Ormudboy09

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
That's a new one on me???????

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found out that the Infinity amp in my truck is either weak or gone

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
I know on my truck the door speakers have an amp on each of them. They are mounted to the back of the speaker.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
you could go from the rear of the deck, run a whole new wire to a speaker and see if that solves it, if so, run new speaker wires to the deck.

are your doors on an aftermarket amp as well?

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope there off the stock amp . the amp is in the dash somewhere they are sony's and it is the amps . cause i pulled the radio used another speaker and it worked fine . with cd's playing so its in the truck for sure . ill be bypassing the amps soon

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
glad you got it worked out.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
nope there off the stock amp . the amp is in the dash somewhere they are sony's and it is the amps . cause i pulled the radio used another speaker and it worked fine . with cd's playing so its in the truck for sure . ill be bypassing the amps soon
no amp in the dash, they are on the speakers themselves they are also tied into the tweeters too.

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if that is the case then how in the world do i bypass it ..

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I just bought a 4 channel amp, ran the preouts to it, then new wires to the new front and back speakers. I still need to run new wires to the tweeters, will be doing those off the cd player. Someone else may have a way to bypass, but I just went bigger.
the amp sits under my driver seat, then I have my sub amp under the passenger seat.

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Werm ?? Is there a Amp on both sides of just one . and if both how do i bypass if not im going to rip out all speaker wires and redo all of them . Thanks

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
Yeah theres an amp on both. I am not sure on bypassing them, I think Miami Son did something like that but not sure.

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what did you do with Amps in your doors .

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I just cut them out and ran new wires from my amp. Are you in need of stock replacements?

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have sony Xplods in all doors sound great . but i think i may want to get a 4 channel amp such as you speak of you dont happen to have a picture of yours do you . what size amp ? were from ?

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
Not sure on size i will check tomorrow.
4 channel Kenwood got it from my bro in law used for $40

Sub (750 w)

10 inch sub

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahh ok so you just ran all of them wires to where though .. Ive been wanting to do this same thing you mention but have yet to do it .

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
From the four channel, the wires go to the front door speakers (l &r), and the back speakers (l&r). I will be running wires off the cd player it self to the tweeters. None of the speaker wires are connected on the back of the cd player, so everything is run through the amp. My cd player has 3 sets of preouts (1 front speakers, 1 back speakers, and 1 for sub).
I will get you pics tonight of how my wires are. I am hopefully redoing them but they work for now.

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good

·
Ram Power
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so i found out that the amp is in the back of the dash traced it and it wasnt getting the full 12 V to turn the infinity amp. on so i ran it straight to a hot wire and pow it came on . so i used the Power wire to stock amp wire on harness to power stock amp and my sub amp . So problem fixed thanks for all the help guys . =D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.