DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered two months ago and its not here yet,,,how much longer do i have to wait? its coming out of florida to me in canada,,, I WANT IT ALREADY lol..any suggestions on how to ffigure this out? i called them last thursday and they said it was tuned and sent..so i dunno:banghead:

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
try to track it through UPS. if it hasnt been scanned in a few days its lost in a wharehouse somewhere. my headers were scanned 8 times in cali in 3 days as soon as it hit pa soil it was scanned once in 5 days. now lost in the harisburg ups hub. those guys dont let anything sit for more than a day. call the shipper and ask for a trace procedure.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
any developements?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Call Sean and see if he can track it from his end. I'd imagine something got screwed up going through customs.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i called them friday, the woman at KRC said they sent it out tuesday so it should be here this week, they had to send it USPS because UPS dont ship to P.O. box's. but there is no tracking number. oh well. hopefully it hurrrys up. cuz this truck is a pain to drive without any form of tuning.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine took 4 months to get from them. They kept saying it will go out in a couple days. Very frustrating

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mine took 4 months to get from them. They kept saying it will go out in a couple days. Very frustrating
Try waiting 5 months for your engine! Then later realizing you didnt get the engine you ordered and finding it laying on it's side on a pallet with a broken pushrod guide and a dented oil pan. All after having them run your credit card up about 6500 bucks.

Sounds like things there still havent changed any.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
wow! i had to send mine back cause it wasnt downloading and got it back the same week lol

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorry for the venting Im still a little bitter about it

Hence the "chunk of iron between the headers" in my sig listed for my 96 Ram. :secret2:

Sean Powell who does the SCT Tuning is a great guy though, I have absolutely no complaints about him whatsoever. He's done me right. And though he is associated with KRC, he does not actually work for them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so when i do get my sct, what should i be expecting from it? performance and mileage wise..i dont wanna get my hopes up, but im hoping it'll have more power than it does now, cuz right now the truck doesnt feel much different than stock, except a little more power on the top end...and its litteraly guzzling the fuel back..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry for the venting Im still a little bitter about it

Hence the "chunk of iron between the headers" in my sig listed for my 96 Ram. :secret2:

Sean Powell who does the SCT Tuning is a great guy though, I have absolutely no complaints about him whatsoever. He's done me right. And though he is associated with KRC, he does not actually work for them.
I only told half the story. Sean is a great guy and made my problem right!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I only told half the story. Sean is a great guy and made my problem right!
Yeah I like him he's very helpful and actually replies back to emails and calls.

Im the kind of person that if you do me right, I will tell just as many people as I tell about the jerks who screw me over. Most people will go out of their way to badmouth a bad company, but never promote the good guys. I try to be equal and badmouth the bad guys as much as I talk up the good guys and give out their links and info, etc. Word of mouth from actual customers is a very strong advertisement in of itself. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my SCT FINALLY came today...and im not to happy, i only got one tune, and its performance so i gotta run this pig on premium, it sure doesnt feel like the took TM off, cuz its still doggy on the bottom end, i asked for economy and perf. tunes. they also didnt adjust for my cat. being gutted? cuz i still have a check engine code for the downstream o2 sensor. my truck also will barely idle now, infact its been dying half the time when i stop. i do like this shift pattern, revs to 5500 then snaps hard to the next gear. but i think krc may getting a phone call tomorrow from a non to happy customer.. and even if they do offer to e mail me a new tune..i wont be able to put it on the tuner cuz i never got the cable to hook it up to my computer...

·
Registered
736 Posts
sorry to hear about another unhappy krc customer. there are 2 places i will never order from again and thats krc performance and gs motorsports, which i dont think are even around anymore, but you live and learn. i ordered a tb from krc back in 01 or 02 that never got to me and took forever to get my money back. its sad because they have alot of knowledgeable people that work there too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well my SCT FINALLY came today...and im not to happy, i only got one tune, and its performance so i gotta run this pig on premium, it sure doesnt feel like the took TM off, cuz its still doggy on the bottom end, i asked for economy and perf. tunes. they also didnt adjust for my cat. being gutted? cuz i still have a check engine code for the downstream o2 sensor. my truck also will barely idle now, infact its been dying half the time when i stop. i do like this shift pattern, revs to 5500 then snaps hard to the next gear. but i think krc may getting a phone call tomorrow from a non to happy customer.. and even if they do offer to e mail me a new tune..i wont be able to put it on the tuner cuz i never got the cable to hook it up to my computer...
you don't get the cable with the tuner. its just a normal usb printer cable

·
Registered
586 Posts
you don't get the cable with the tuner. its just a normal usb printer cable
What he said its just a 5$ printer cable, I just pullled mine from the printer.

I just got my SCT today from Sean only took 4 or 5 days from NC to ON Canada. Hes writting me up a 89 tune. The 93 is like a new truck. :rck:

·
Registered
984 Posts
What he said its just a 5$ printer cable, I just pullled mine from the printer.

I just got my SCT today from Sean only took 4 or 5 days from NC to ON Canada. Hes writting me up a 89 tune. The 93 is like a new truck. :rck:
Ditto I just uploaded the newest LiveLoad and firmware and have a new tune from Sean I need to load into the truck and try out. The printer cable works perfect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.