DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today when i went to pick up a friend i pulled into the drive, put it into park and waited about 1-2 min till they came out. i put it into reverse and hit the gas. well i heard the engine surge. so my first instinct was what an idiot i put it into nuetral. well it was in reverse. so i put it into park, then reverse again and still nothing. so i let the truck roll down the drive in reverse and hit the gas a few times and wow reverse was back. it has'nt done it again since this morning. also i have been noticing some harder shifting and the shifting is delayed when accelerating. does anyone know what might be causing this, or has it happened to anyone else. :help:

· Registered
152 Posts
It sounds more like an electrical problem than an actualy transmission problem. Possibly some sort of sensor or something.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
When you say "shifting is delayed" do you mean it's slipping between gears? If so, my guess with all the symptoms you describe is that your tranny is shot.

· HEMINATOR
1,117 Posts
I had the same problem with my Ford Mustang GT Conv. , it would do the same damn thing. I would have to but it in neutral, then try it again.. Sometimes i didnt push the clutch all the way down, and for the mustangs, if any one has owned one (99+, mine 2000) it has a hard/heavy clutch. I would have to jiggle it while pushing/pulsing the clutch to get into gear, sometimes it seemed it was in gear but wasnt. Had it looked at and found that the it was either the clutch bearing, or the actual tranny. Never did find out why, sold it quickly and got my hemi... Suckers. I would have it checked out, because you might have more serious problems down the line, and more $$ out of your pocket.... Warrenty Time!! Good luck bro, and i hope everything goes well..... :gr_patrio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.