DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 dodge ram 4x4..Overdrive doesnt work at all. the light doesn't even light up in the dash. I've checked all the fuses and relays. But when I checked the o/d switch itself I wasnt getting any power..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a update.. I got my o/d light to work in the dash..but overdrive still doesnt work. which solenoid or sensor do i need to replace first to try and get my overdrive working.47re tranny,98 dodge ram 4x4

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
You need a scan tool hooked up to it to see if the computer is commanding it to shift to OD or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of scan tool will read tranny and engine codes..I went to autozone and had them to scan it with there tool and got a p0735 and a p1388. not sure if that tells anything or not. thank you for your reply

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does any one know where there is a dit on replacing ther valve body switches, and also where would be a good place to buy them. If i have to drop my pan again i'm goin to swap them all out. LOL

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
what kind of scan tool will read tranny and engine codes..I went to autozone and had them to scan it with there tool and got a p0735 and a p1388. not sure if that tells anything or not. thank you for your reply
P0735 Gear Ratio Error in 4th Prime Never seen that code before. :rolleyes:
P1388 ASD Relay Control Circuit Automatic Shut Down Relay,not sure of this one either.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
does any one know where there is a dit on replacing ther valve body switches, and also where would be a good place to buy them. If i have to drop my pan again i'm goin to swap them all out. LOL
I doubt that it is the problem. You don't have codes for them any way. Why do you want to change the solenoids?

You need to go back to this: "You need a scan tool hooked up to it to see if the computer is commanding it to shift to OD or not. "
You need to watch the DATA (info),not just check it for codes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just going to replace all of them while i had the pan down,none of them have ever been replaced,i appreciate your replies. I will work on a scan tool tomorrow and give you a update..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.