DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Cant Find A 4.7 Litre High Output Alternator??? Every One Else Like Ford Gmc And Them Got Somewhere Upto 250 Amp Alternators... And What Do I Get... Nothing But A Dealer Tellin Me The Highest He Can Go Is 140 ... He Must Have Thought I Was Stupid... I Already Got 136... I Told Him After What I Knew I Got And He Just Offered Advice On Looking For A Machine Shop To Put A Bracket Somewhere And He'll Make Me A Second Alternator... I Read Up On That And Heard That Was Bad... Next Option Is Dead...i Dont Need A Second Battery... Im Not A Parking Lot Dweller.... Im Stuck Now With The Master Plan To My Idea.. And I Dont Have Enough Power... Help Please???

Im Just Doing A Small Interior Change.. Bye Bye Middle Row...i Never Understood Why People Never Installed In The Middle.. Have You Ever Sat Back There... Those People Saying Your Ride Is Comfortable And Hot... Are Lying... There Really Cramped And Want To Get The Hell Out.. The Luxoury Is The Third.. And Oh Yeah.. You Can Even Bring The Seats Down And Load Big Stuff Back In There... Loose The Thougts Of Killing The Third And Kill The Second... Hook The Middle Up... I'll Throw Pics Up When I Find This Power Issue...

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
that's odd. i've seen several high output alts for the 4.7 in fact i recently saw a 160 amp alt on ebay so i know they make them.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Go to a car audio shop, they can either rewire your stock one or put in an high output one pretty easily. They aren't cheap though and you will need to rewire a lot of things up front to handle the extra juice. I have seen 230 amp ones from Ohio Generator before.

Andrew

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Ill, good luck on 2nd row removal, you must have kids for that 3rd row, the bench isn't as deep as a normal seat and your knees would be up in the air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im Definetly Going To Look Around A Little More Than.... If They Mak It I Will Definetly Go...
Oh The Thing About The Second Row Comment... Yeah Thats Definetly Noticible Just For Kids.. But With Some Good Eyes You Can See Just For Your Self How Easy It Is... Just Prop The Back Of The Seat Between The Drop And Little Trunk(i Like The Trunk..lol...) So Now Its Pushed Back... Take The Fold Out Seat And Move It Forward To A Slant... Than Take Off The Seating From The Second Row And Plop It In There... Throw A Nice Rear Type S Black Leather Cover On The Whole Setup And Blam.. The Peoples That Sat In Them Thought They Were New Moddified Seats.. The Comfort And Space From The Middle Row Was As Tronomicly A Big Difference... And Also The Look Just Makes It Like You Rollin Big Willy Status... If You Use The Aspect Only Build To The Two Pin Things In Front Of The Floor Heaters... So Luxuary Status Turns Into Contractor Man... Right Quick... In Minutes... Yeah Im Gonna Make My Suv The Way I Want It.. Forget Standards And Mass Setups Lookin The Same...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey IllLab, I actually want to see the results of moving out the muiddle row, and what kind of enclosure you make for that middle area, I think it could turn out really nice with almost a limo feel.

Also, give us the low down on your vehicle, what year, trim package, mods , etc.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Yeah, take some pics, pull the seats and place them where they go, you know, like in the movie where the guy kills his family and then has dinner ready for them and seats them around the table?
Oh, sorry. Stressed out Tuesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:huh: ok big bleu??? there not just mounted with out the proper safety of seatbelt cordination and clips, straps and so forth to ensure a nice sturdy stronghold on super quick stops or high impact hits.... if any... I hope not :( but anyways aint your mama ever teach you safeties first... I was the only kid on the block with a big yellow helmet and training wheels way back when... :D

i just found out denso which makes our alts... has a 160 amp alt... but i want more...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Denso Alternator

Ya, Denso just released their OE products to the aftermarket. So we can buy our starters, alternators, ac components, and fuel pumps for a fraction of the dealer cost :rck:

Check out DensoProducts.com - they've got great prices :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.