DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Durango Limited with the chrome plated wheel option and over the course of the last year I got really tired of the excessive brake dust the stock brakes gave off. After just a couple of days after cleaning, they were black again.

On Saturday, I installed new front and rear brakes using Aimco premium replacement rotors ($35 each) and Akebono ProACT ceramic pads ($95 per set). The brake replacement was very simple and straightforward with no surprises. After driving for several hundred miles afterward I must say that so far, braking with this setup is excellent with no noise or vibration whatsoever and also no more sign of the dreaded excessive brake dust either.

All in all I'm very pleased with this brake set-up and consider it a well-spent $325.

Just thought I'd share this with the group.

Bill
Frederick, MD

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That's great! I've been toying with the idea of doing that as well. For now, I'm using a Michelin brake dust repellant on my wheels. It puts some sort of coating on the rim that doesn't let the dust settle very easily. It works some, but after a few days, there is still some brake dust that accumulates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.