DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i try to start my 96 ram 5.2 in the morning it won,t go on high idle i have to give a little gas for couple min. then it will kick in at about 1,000 rpm then warm up like normal . and idle at 6oo mybe 700 rpm . any ideas.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it won,t start with out my foot on the gas. and when i leave it there for 1 to 3 minute.s then i can feel the gas kick in and go on high idle like 1,200 rpm. and the rest of day say it,s parked for 2 hrs. or so when i start it .it will fire up on high idle 1,200 rpm. and i have taking the I.A.C. off and cleaned it. also taking throttle body off one can cleaner all passages and compressed air. i do have extra IAC from scrap yard and looked very new . i will put on tommorow and try. also it started when i did the hughes plenum job. al so tryed clear computer. other wise run fine just won,t start on high idle in mornning. thanks. and to your ? i feel if it were warmer it might idle at idle.

· Registered
12 Posts
thats exactly what mine was doing before I cleaned the iac and it runs perfect now so I say try the newer looking one. Also before you put it back on make sure you push the moving piece (i think it's called a pintle) all the way in or it will still not idle when cold.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i didn,t push it in all way it was already. put it in and it was not fired up yet today took off neg. batt. terminal first . she started on high idle lets hope it does that tommorow morn. thank for input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.