DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i bought my d a couple years back and i made sure i tested out everything before i signed on the dotted line. of course the one thing i didnt try out was the horn...needless to say till this day ive never heard my horn. checked fuses, and checked the actual horn mechanism under the hood, everything is fine. seeing i live in a area where ppl drive like total morons im dying without a horn!! lol is there some kind of problems with the horns thats a simple fix?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw, doesnt work with my stock keyless entry either. its gotta be a simple fix!?

·
Registered
254 Posts
btw, doesnt work with my stock keyless entry either. its gotta be a simple fix!?
Is your airbag light on? If so, it's probably your clock spring in the steering wheel. If not, it could still be the clock spring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no airbag light. did how ever notice parts on the truck have been repainted leading me to believe its been in an accident, which means the airbags couldve went off, (center of steering wheel feels soft, not firm like others) did they put the airbags back in, or leave them out for a easy, cheaper fix? if so, did they forget to hook the horn back up? as far as the clock spring, how exactly do you fix it.....or get to it?

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
First thing I would do if it were me, is use a jumper wire from the positive battery terminal over to the horn, to see if the horn is actually functioning. If the horn operates, then you need to work backwards toward the steering wheel ending at the clock spring as gr8scott mentioned. Electrical problems are a pain.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i get to the clock spring without blowin up the airbag? lol

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery terminal, and wait at least two minutes for the system to discharge.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i'd have to double check but i think it's a relayed system.........easy way to test is to unplug horn and install a test light across the terminals......basically be the horn.......when a bulb burns out the first thing you do is put another in right????.......put your test light in and try the horn...if it lights up, your horn is toast, get a new one.......if it doesn't then you can get a wiring diagram and do some simple checks to see what you're missing.........let me know, i can help with diagrams..or someone else can post one

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Since U think it's been in an accident, You may want to check to see if a new airbag was installed!!! Some shops might only replace the steering wheel cover! Disconnect battery, start car (while battery is disconnected) also discharges electronics, also is a reset for the PCM, so your D will act funny upon restarting while she relearns the fuel curves. One of the worst things is an accidental airbag deployment, I would hate to work around those unless it is out of the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.