DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 1500 Dodge Ram Laramie has no heat. It's the early model with the cable from the control panel to the actuator or blend door, I don't know. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I need to do to get some heat. I've been cold for two yrs and I'm fed up. Please help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 1997 1500 Dodge Ram Laramie has no heat. It's the early model with the cable from the control panel to the actuator or blend door, I don't know. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I need to do to get some heat. I've been cold for two yrs and I'm fed up. Please help.

Thank you.
Since the heater core isn't leaking, try back flushing it before replacing it. Remove the radiator cap and make sure the radiator is full then have your water hose ready to use. Disconnect the outlet hose on the heater core and leave unconnected. Disconnect the inlet hose and connect it to the outlet. Start the engine, and the water will flow backward through the heater core and flush the gunk out. This should happen fairly quickly, but keep the radiator topped off as the water level falls. This is a bit messy, but it should work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1996 Ram 2500 with the V10 and having the same problem. I remember having a 68 Impala with no heat and i just back flushed the heater core. Disconnected both heater hoses and ran a garden hose through one and then the other till both ran clear. I'm going to try that on my Ram and hopefully it cures my problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts