DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 ram 1500 with a hemi and im having some problems with it. which sucks. when i am going my heat is how it should be, hot, when i sit still it gets cold i watch my temp gauge and it goes past the halfway mark it should be in between that and cold because i have a 180 stat in it. i am also leaking anti-freeze i thought it was around the water neck area so i took it off and noticed no gasket so i put some RTV glue on it and put it back on. still leaking.

i really need some help or some advice on what to do. i am loosing my mind.

thanks
-nate

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
First get your self a new gasketless water neck and make sure thats your leak
secondly low water level will cause no heat. reguardless what your guage says your level must be full or ...no heat at low rpms. after you fix your leak that will probably take care of your heat isue otherwise next step is ck your t-stat and cap . your cap on that truck needs to be at 16psi.Good luck

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say low water level also. My dads truck did the same once. No heat and was badly low on water.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
It could be your T-stat. What kind did you get?

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its 180 t-stat from autozone and i had to use a dremel and take like 1mm off for it to fit. i dont think its coming from there...maybe i should check the clamps and my hoses. i believe its my heater core, thats causing this, because i was doing about 50, turned the heat on it was cold, i put it in neutral and just revved it all the way up and it was warm. i think i should my radiator and get all the anti freeze out and put something else in it.

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so we got the upper radiator hose changed and got all the RTV gasket stuff off and i noticed this morning i had a puddle of anti freeze under the truck. a puddle. and i looked and it wasnt leaking out but spraying out. i was like ohhhhh damn. i tried to tighten the bolts but they are tight enough. my suggestion is that i clean the t-stat housing get a new water neck replace all the coolent hose except the upper. that includes the heater hoses and use worm screw hose clamps. i dont know if that will solve the problem but i really hope so, because i want to start getting new stuff put on the truck.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
when you trimmed the t-stat , did you refit it with any rubber ring?
See all of this is causing your water level to be low thus not circulating in your heater core. Call moe's prerformance he has the new water neck and t-stat . Bite the bullet pay the money and I promise ---no problems.

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heat now and we just put in new anti freeze and water, we had to mix it ourselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.