DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I went to the store to pick up a fuel filter, since it was about time. After not finding a filter, and a little research/questions at the dealer I found out that there is NO filter on our Durango, only a sock in the tank?

Who the hell thought this one up? Since when does a vehicle not need a REPLACEABLE fuel filter?

To further prove why I believe a fuel filter is needed, our D developed a cold-start hesitation. Once it was warm it was fine, but when cold-started, it would hesitate pretty badly if you tapped the gas pedal from idle.

I took it into a dealer to get looked at for some other things and mentioned this problem. Their diagnosis: HEY wouldn't you know..."the fuel system needs cleaning". This isn't covered by warranty, and they wanted $130 to do it. I ran a can of Sea Foam through it instead and that seemed to clear it up a bit.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Our vehicle has never seen any serious off-road duty, or even gravel roads for that matter.

So now I'm in the hunt for a good in-line fuel filter. Got any idears?

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
An inline fuel filter isn't a bad idea, but it's not going to help one in your fuel tank that isn't delivering correctly.

Run some more Seafoam through. It *will* take care of it, but you may need more than one treatment.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Nice dealer you got there, maybe show him this...

Attachments

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys, and the picture/write-up Paul. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.