DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7l hemi. I purchased a few months ago. One day after parking I tried starting and nothing...no clicks no start.

Replaced Battery, Tried resetting PCU no change. Cleaned Throttle body (because I was in there (it was pretty gummed up)) re seated connectors to PCU, fuse panel box. Replaced PCU with a pre programmed PCU. There was a known problem with not being able to program updates. But it ran fine for 2 months.

After replacing the PCU it now double clicks near the starter over and over for 30 seconds or so before it stops. But starter does not work. I will be crawling under truck to test/remove starter and solenoid this afternoon. will check connections as well. Sounds like solenoid is kicking in but starter not spinning.

Here is my question... where is the starter relay or fuse on the 2008 Ram. It is not in fuse block. In fact no relays at all! No relay under the fuse block.
I was hoping to jumper the relay to confirm starter function but unable to find relay.

Is there anything else I should look at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the relay! 2008 and 2009 has the relays integral with the TIPm. Mounted on the underside of the fuse panel circuit board. It is soldered inplace. I guess dodge doesnt want you to just replace a cheap relay! TIPM replacement is expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts