DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for awhile now ive had no Cargo lights in My truck. Its a 07 2500 QC. Ive checked the obvious out. Fuses, bulbs, and even bought a new HL switch. Boy i wish the switches were simple like the older dodges. the new HL has a board in it. but its not that and i have a spare one now. Ok so anyways. Ive tested everything i could easily get to with a multi meter and heres what i get. battery just over twelve volts. wires coming out of fuse 26 same. then i beleive it goes to the dash cluster. couldnt get to that to test any thing back there. the number 6 pin coming out of the HL switch which is for the cargo light only shows 11.4 v when ground to the steel under the dash. But then the wire that runs up the drivers side pillar and the pin outs for the lights at the back only read 8.4v. By looking at the wiring diagrams im not even sure really how the switch tells the lights to come on. it doesnt show where it conects to the cuircit anywhere from what i can see... no cargo lamp light comes on on the dash, they dont come on when you push the button or turn the roller switch all the way up or when you open the door either. anyone got any ideas? any help would be great guys thanks. not the greatest with electrical but its getting way hard the more stuff they throw in there.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
* subscribe *

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never mind its 12.2 v at the switch when using pin 6 and pin 5 the ground at the switch so its got to be somewhere in the cluster??? yes no maybe....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like you need a Starscan or a WiTech to check codes. 06 and up rams electrical system is nothing like the older ones. I believe the power to the cargo lights comes from the cluster. It could be bad, also if it detects any kind of circuit fault it will shut off the power.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Sounds like you need a Starscan or a WiTech to check codes. 06 and up rams electrical system is nothing like the older ones. I believe the power to the cargo lights comes from the cluster. It could be bad, also if it detects any kind of circuit fault it will shut off the power.
You're talking about the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module), right? It seems like there would be more problems if the TIPM was bad.

:dunno:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go figure dodge had to take something as simple as a switch to turn on the cargo light and make it in to something more complicated. wouldnt it have made more sense just to have the switch turn the light on and of then just the switch sending a signal to the cluster telling it to turn the little dash light on that says cargo.? now the switch actually sends a signal to the cluster telling it to supply the power to the cargo light and the little dash light... seems like lots of stuff now has to got through the cluster... nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket hey? lol my cousins old 01 dakota we pulled the whole dash cluster out and drove it and i think everything still worked. so what do you guys think i should start on? i know its only the cargo light but i coulda used it acouple times already... camping and such.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
German cars are like that ... if one ground works, then nine would be far better.

:crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.