DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck shutdown on me while driving and "no bus" came up on the odometer. I was able to get it running long enough to get it home and it's never started since. That was 4 months ago. The truck will crank but will not start. A scanner can't connect to the computer. The codes that come up on the odometer are 920, 921, and 999. I have since replaced the PCM, checked every wire connector, cleaned all grounds, and checked voltage. Nothing. I have found that all power is staying between the Battery and Fuse box. I can not, for the life of me, figure out why power is not being pushed out. I need some serious help with this No Bus code. I am tired of my truck being down.

·
Red Trucker
2,565 Posts
Not as familiar with the 2nd gen as I am the 3rd, but it sounds like the main lead to your electronics is fried. Hopefully this will help you:

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 2001 did the same no bus thing long story short you will have to replace the p.c. m. on the firewall that will fix all your problems

·
Registered
420 Posts
If nothing is coming out of the "fuse box" (total integrated power module), then that's probably where the problem is, not the PCM. You say you tried another PCM, but was it the correct one? These normally have to be programmed for the vehicle in question, but at the very least they need to come from the same year, model, and engine/transmission combination...and you may still get errors. You can buy salvage power modules for these fairly inexpensively, if you lack the means to do extensive testing, that should probably be your next step. Inspect all of your wires, harnesses, and connectors carefully for corrosion or broken wires. Also be very careful about bent pins that don't engage correctly, this is something that has screwed up more than one guy trying to replace a PCM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did that, but maybe it was a faulty pcm 🤷
Took slot of searching but I found one in a junkyard numbers matching that fixed mine.good luck with it and happy hunting. I also bought one from a junkyard it was from a little later model ram truck ran fine with it but no gauges

·
Registered
40 Posts
NO BUS means one of your sensor is shorted (TPS, camshaft sensor, crankcase sensor, etc.) and you don't know which one until you unplug each one until the no bus goes away. It could be anything on the bus, so you may be doing a little searching before you find it... if the sensor is bad, it'll throw an error code, but once the bus has a short, the whole bus is shorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck shutdown on me while driving and "no bus" came up on the odometer. I was able to get it running long enough to get it home and it's never started since. That was 4 months ago. The truck will crank but will not start. A scanner can't connect to the computer. The codes that come up on the odometer are 920, 921, and 999. I have since replaced the PCM, checked every wire connector, cleaned all grounds, and checked voltage. Nothing. I have found that all power is staying between the Battery and Fuse box. I can not, for the life of me, figure out why power is not being pushed out. I need some serious help with this No Bus code. I am tired of my truck being down.
Imhaving same exact problem. Im exhausted but refuse to throw in the towel. Its almosr as if i was the one that wrote your article. Any results. Sure can use some insight?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts