DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Pressed The Pedal And After A Second I Lost All Brakes. It Looks Like I Busted A Line In The Frame. It's Along The Gas Tank. Near Where The Bed And Cab Come Together??? There Is A Plastic Clip And When The Pedal Is Pressed I Can See Fluid Come Out. The Whole Frame Is Coated In Brake Fluid.

Anyone Seen This Problem? Anyone Have A Solution? It Looks Like It Might Be An All Day Project? Any Help Will Be Apprecated. Thanks,vinnie

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Shouldn't be a all day job to splice a piece of line in there. Just need line and compression fittings. The only other option is replace the whole line since it is to the back and there is not as much pressure as the front a patch job should sucifice.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How Hard Is It To Drop The Tank?

·
Ram x2
398 Posts
Harder than it is to just pull off the bed. the bed comes off with like 8-bolts and is surprisingly light (one guy on each side can easily take a bed off. We do it all the time at my dealership when installing certain 5w hitches. that should give you pretty much unobstructed access to the brake lines.

If the line rusted, I would replace a very large section. I would also completely disconnect all of your brake lines from calipers and wheel cylinders and let them drain. After that I would blow them out with compressed air. The last thing you need is to do all that work and wind up with an obstruction from a rusty peice of metal.

You can buy unbent bulk brake lines at NAPA. The lines will have a fitting on one end already so all you need is a pipe cutter and a flaring tool and some fittings.

Then connect everything up and bleed the system.... :D

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone Know The Diameter?

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
If I remember correctly it's 3/16". The only speciality tools you'll need are a tubing cutter, tubing bender (it's easer than a socket), and a flair tool. You can pick them up cheap at Harbor Freight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.