DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No brake lights :((

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chump 
#1 ·
Its a 88 dakotawith the 3.9 Standard

ok big light dilemma lol, all rear lights. my left brake light would only work when the lights were off (the running lights for night time), and the whole lamp would go off when the brakes are applied at night, go figure.

so i changed out both rear portions of the harnesses, with new sockets, wires, bulbs and everything. I then got the fiance to try the lights as i tested them with a test light from the plug in on the frame rail and everything was working. Today when i got her to test them, the brake lights were not working at all (i wanted to be sure before i put in the new harnesses)

i just got back from checking the fuses, all of which work so i am stumped on what to do next. where does the power from the brake come from, where can i start testing it and run a new wire if possible.
??????

would a fuse be burnt if there is power on both sides of it? dumb question but i want to make sure

if you need more info i can post more. please ill try anything

See less See more
#2 ·
If the fuse is blown you will have power on only 1 side. You can always swap another one in just to set your mind at ease. Power for the brake lights comes up from the stoplight switch on the brake pedal and then goes thru the turn signal switch. Make sure your hazard switch on the column is pulled out or pushed in all the way, if this get halfway in between you can loose your brake lights.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.