DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some 35x12.5 Mud Grappler's but want to hear some input on them. I love how they look but they look like they would be loud. I want a MT that is decent on road and awesome oof road. I don't really like the looks of the Toyo MT. I also like the Dick Cepek MT's but haven't heard anything about them. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A guy on our lease has some & doesn't like them on the road at all. He says they are good in the mud ,but loud & rough riding on the pavement. I know you don't like the Toyo's but they are probably the best mud tire I have ever ran on & off the road. Not real loud & drive & ride good.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have some 37 13.50 20 grapplers. I like them alot. The road noise is noticeable but not really any louder than my 50 series flowmaster so it doesn't really bother me. I expected some noise from a 37" mud tire. I only got to go in the mud once so far but they pulled noticeably alot better than my last mt's did. I have a 6" lift so I am not sure if the ride is a little just tires are a bit of tire and lift and a little 2500 thrown in there to. I think I will either let some nitrogen out of my ssr's are just get the bilstein 5100's like I should have done in the first place. but overall i like the setup

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
OH-Hemi said:
I am thinking about getting some 35x12.5 Mud Grappler's but want to hear some input on them. I love how they look but they look like they would be loud. I want a MT that is decent on road and awesome oof road. I don't really like the looks of the Toyo MT. I also like the Dick Cepek MT's but haven't heard anything about them. Let me know what you think.
If you have a 1500 I wouldn't recommend them. 1500's don't have a streering stabalizer at least the older models (03-05) don't have nor can you get one for them. They are a beefy tire and like to wander all over the road on a 1500.

·
Registered
624 Posts
on of my friends has a f150 fx4 with 20" moto metal 951's and 33x12.5 mud grapplers. gone wheeling with him a few times and they are pretty damn good in deep mud. on the way there, wow are they loud. i could hear it when i was a few hundred yards behind him over my radio and very loud exhaust. he ended up switching to 305/55/20 cooper zeon ltz's because of the loud noise and he doesn't get in the deep mud that much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts