Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Ram Brethren,

For any of those who, like myself, have been awaiting the arrival of backordered Nitto 295's, be advised that the first wave of them has hit the US and is being distributed now. Discount Tire has 4 major warehouses in North America, all of which have them on backorder. I know for sure that the tires are making the way through the Discount Tire distribution system and arriving a local dealers in dribs and drabs. Of course, backorders and sold orders have first priority. I've also heard that this first wave is not expected to last more than 10 to 14 days before they are out again, not sure how reliable that little gem is though.

I've had mine on order since March 29, they should be in any day. I hope the members here who are waiting are able to get theirs soon too. :rck:

Zach

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, that is hard to believe I check with Discount a week ago and they had them. I called the store in Flower Mound. They said they could have them there from the warehouse the next day. I was low on cash so I did not get them. I just put a set on my hunting truck (82 Blazer) 35 12.50 15s only cost 550. I love the Nittos they ride nice. I have not been off road yet. THe BFG's on my 03 2500 are still pretty good so I can wait. I guess I will call later and see what the deal is on 295 70 17's. I swear they told me thay had them.

TEX

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my good friends and customers manages a Discount Tire here in the Messoplex, Tex. He's been checking every Friday on availability and staying on top of this. Friday, there was still none to be found in Texas. Yesterday, 10 stores in Texas showed to have (4). He called all 10 of them hoping to go ahead and get mine for me. Again, mine have been on order since March 29 and should be filled in this first wave, so it can't be much longer on mine. Anyway, all 10 stores had their initial (4) committed to layaways, backorders and sold orders.

I phoned all over the country during the last week in March looking for them, including the Discount Tire web site, but mostly from other sources outside of Discount. Every company I phoned was out.

Not sure if Flower Mound store was completely aware of this when they told you they could get them, who knows? (shrug)

Gentleman, that's about as up to speed as I can bring ya. I know my bud is staying on top of this for me, we've done business with each other for nearly 20 years and there is a set of Welds, in the box at his store, awaiting the Nittos.

Zach

·
Registered
66 Posts
Man Zach that is too bad. I am bummed. But maybe by the time I'm ready they will have them. THey will look sweet on your ram. Post some pic's when you get um.

Later
TEX

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tex, call your Flower Mound store and have them verify they can get them for you. JUST to be on the safe side. If they can, snag em!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I called, they would need to back order. What kind of Bilstein's did you get and why. I have been looking to shocks too.

TEX

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tex, sorry to hear that, I was hoping you could get them. You may want to call Discount back and get those Nittos on order, probably will mean less wait time.

I went with the Bilsteins because I liked the impressions posted by those here who run them. We have a deal with Darryl at Shox.com, a group buy (4) for $240 including shipping. A lot of folks are running Rancho 9000's here as well. From my research, (the Search mechanism on the Forum is great for researching a topic) I don't think you can go wrong with either Bilstein or Rancho.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE - My bud at Discount Tire called me today to report Nitto's had come in. He mounted and balanced them this morning, they are in my garage right now. Love the tread design of the Terra Grapplers. Look like next weekend I'll be doing some work in the garage. If anyone else has Nitto 295 Terras on order, hang in there.
I've waited on doing the other work on the front end and shocks until the wheels tires came in, couldn't bear to get it half way done and stick the stockers back on.

Of course pics will follow when I get this puppy done.

Onward through the fog...

·
Registered
32,956 Posts
Lucky you, I'm still waiting! Much longer and I'll be going with the Cooper STT's

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mopar Fan....If you have them on order, you should be fine. As stated earlier, Discount Tire stores appear to be receiving just enough from this initial wave to cover their sold orders. Can't speak for what other companies who stock Nittos are receiving or their protocol.

Word is that another big shipment of 295's will hit port soon.

Hang in there!

Zach (Go Mavs!)

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
teas zac,can we see some pics

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've waited on doing the other work on the front end and shocks until the wheels tires came in, couldn't bear to get it half way done and stick the stockers back on.

Of course pics will follow when I get this puppy done.

Hey Snobnk,

Pasted and copied the above from the post I made yesterday, you must have scanned right past it my friend.

Zach

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope you guys get more out of your Terra Grapplers than I am. I have less than 11000 miles on mine and I doubt I will get 10000 more miles. I have a 3500 CTD 2004 6 speed quad cab

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
rbc Bubba_Hemi got 25k+ out of his, on two different trucks

both 2500's, one was a qc lwb hemi, other was a qc swb cummins

and they're still on his old truck with half tread left

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.