DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I run a nitrous system off of my stock intake? I made a homebrew intake with pvc pipe and a K&n cone filter but my truck didnt run well with it. So I took it out and put the stock one back in. Can I run the nitrous with the stock intake? And what do you guys think my problem is with the homebrew i made? I feel like it just sucked in too much hot are from the engine bay cause i didnt make it far down into the wheel well.

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
i ran my nitrous kit on my stock intake for a few months. no problem at all. im not sure about your home brew intake question. maybe someone else can chime in and give you a few ideas.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill get a pic up here soon. But my main issue with the homebrew is that overall power seemed to go down. Throttle response was much better, but power in the high rpm range felt weaker

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are some pics of my homebrew.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anywhere on the tube like said above however, your homebrew intake is probably a little worse than the stock set up. You have the filter directly over the exhaust. The whole idea of a CAI (Cold Air Intake) is to get cooler air in. Cooler air is more dense, therefore a bit more goes into the motor which = more power. Try to get that filter up in front of the motor.
I had a twin cone set up on mine but tossed it and got one off ebay ($30) that uses the stock hemi hat and runs the filter element up to the front. Then just bought a good K&N element for $50.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
i would not run N2O through the hemi hat. there is the possability of having the fuel fall out of the mix and pool up in the hat. thenyou will be running really lean and could have problems. my buddy was saying that he had these issues on his truck. talk w/ daking for mor info send him a pm im sure he will help you.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I would definately run the tube with the filter closer to the front fender well. Your probably suckin up too much hot air. Try insulating it when your done too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.