DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got a 95 dakota 2wd 5.2 auto. got a few mods already.
ill list them if i need to. But im bout to trade my system for a nitrous kit.
And i was originaly gonna use the kit on my honda project but itll be a few more months till thats done. But the truck is a beast now and if i put this kit on it i think ill have some real fun.

anyone on here use nitrous on your 5.2 and how did it hold up. i got 165k miles on my truck but motor runs stonger than ever not a problem. My main concern would be the transmission. What would ya'll think I'ma start start on a 50 shot its a wet kit system.

·
Banned
95 Posts
A 50 shot is really nothing to these motors (as long as your not loading your engine when you do it.) The tranny will be fine as long as you don't do it from a dead stop. By the time it's moving the difference in torque (what actually kills the trans) with the 50 shot will be negligible.

Anymore then a 50 shot I would do a compression check to make sure everything is in top condition with no abnormal carbon deposits and to check for burnt valves and worn rings.

You probably already know that advance timing and nitrous don't go together. So if you have a MP PCM and you want to go past a 50 shot, get a timing retard device or go back to your stock PCM.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i noticed unfortunatly you cant retard the timming at the dist like most vehicles. But for now i am running a stock pcm but friday ima order a stage2 jetchip since i found a REALLY good deal on one. i didnt plan on doing it froma dig since truck has no traction till i hit 2nd gear now anyways. I did plan to do a compression test on all Cyl. just to be on the safe side befor i put the kit on. But you wuold think for a v8 50shot is small and should hold up ok. But thanks for your info.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How are you going to inject it. If you are going to inject it in to to throttle body you should order a new hood. The barrel intake has a volume of like 16 cups just in the plenum alone. Sorry I measured it with water and never got around to coverting to cubic innches. A guy down the street started his with either till his luck ran out. He split the intake in two and now has a power bulge hood. With NOS you will have anough vapor to take the hood off.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
you could change the timeing with offset keys in the camshaft summit has them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.