DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm back from the track and all I have to say is "Holy S#$$". This kit was worth every penny. First run was not spraying and I accidentally left the FP on 87. That run was one of my worst ever, 14.582 @95.01, Magnuman beat me. Now mind you we were at about 3500 altitude. Next run I raced my buddy Magnuman and the first time spraying I pulled off a 13.77 @102.22. Next was the sweetest run of the day I got to race a SRT-8 magnum! Same color and everything. I asked him if he wanted to run he said sure, in line he asked me what times I was getting and I told him my last run time. He was surprised and asked what I have done to it, I told him my mods except the N20. We get up to race and away we go. Our times were close until I hit the spray and then I pulled away. He had a faster MPH but I beat him on everything except the 60ft time. That run I came in at 13.645 @ 102.22. The last run I had a old school nova, nice and loud. This run was the best one of the day, I won and came in at 13.475 @ 103.91. I am very pleased and a little giddy because it was so fun. When you hit the button she is one pissed off Magnum. Below are a few pics; one of the time slips and a couple on the track and in line. One is of my dumb-ass giggling as I turn on the spray before racing the SRT-8. The video is of me racing the SRT-8. If you listen you can tell exactly when I hit the button. I never told him I had the spray. Later

·
Registered
126 Posts
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaah! SWEEEEEET MAN! :D
I want to se an in-car-vid when you drive that beast and push the button. I am so jealous of you right now! :)
Did you install the N2O-system all by your self? If you did, was it difficult to do? o_O
A dry system is a piece of cake, but a wet system is a bit trickier, don't you have to make holes and stuff in the engine? o_O
Please enlighten me on my journey towards spraying my mag. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FL3JM said:
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaah! SWEEEEEET MAN! :D
I want to se an in-car-vid when you drive that beast and push the button. I am so jealous of you right now! :)
Did you install the N2O-system all by your self? If you did, was it difficult to do? o_O
A dry system is a piece of cake, but a wet system is a bit trickier, don't you have to make holes and stuff in the engine? o_O
Please enlighten me on my journey towards spraying my mag. :)
Yes I did the install myself and it was not that bad just time consuming. No holes in the engine just in the intake tube. You have to cut into your fuel line but that is not bad either. If you go to the video link you can look at my install pics. If you have anyquestion just send me a PM. If I had to do this for someone else It could be done in a day. Oh you do have to change your plug to one step colder. That took about an hour and a half, first time in all.

I hope to have a in car video taken some day I just need to get my wife to take it for me. Also the thread "Project Spray" has some other info on my install. Later

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to do a head swap/cam/high flow cat set up, and I hear a rumor of a plate for the N20 that goes between the throttle body, yaa. Start off with a 50 shot and then a couple of seconds later bamn the 100 kicks in. What altitude were you at when you got the 12.9? They said that with altitude adjustment and head wind speed I was in the Looow 13's to high 12's. I just know that it was fast for a big wagon. Later

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hemiwagon said:
I am going to do a head swap/cam/high flow cat set up, and I hear a rumor of a plate for the N20 that goes between the throttle body, yaa. Start off with a 50 shot and then a couple of seconds later bamn the 100 kicks in. What altitude were you at when you got the 12.9? They said that with altitude adjustment and head wind speed I was in the Looow 13's to high 12's. I just know that it was fast for a big wagon. Later
DA was at 400' when I ran the 12.9.It dropped to -400 later in the evening and I should have gotten a 12.6 or 7 but I was in the brackets and wanted the win more than the slip so I lifted........Twice!D'oh!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could only wish for a DA of 400'. I should go to Woodburn Oregon just once to really see what she has. Later

·
Registered
679 Posts
I watched a 100 shot shave a complete second off quarter miles times yasterday in Hennessey land. Pretty impressive. I have thousands of dollars in performance mods and for only 700 bucks one can shave a complete second.
thats just awesome

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree just plain awesome, I can't wait for the high flow cats should shave off a couple more tenths.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My last run I didn't have my g-timer plugged in. If I had to guess it is in the very low 5 sec if not sub 5 sec. Considering we are between 5.7 and 5.9 out of the gate I think that is a safe guess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What kind of rear tires do you use? I mean you got to have a lot of slipping at launch.
Any of you thought of making the wheel house (or whatever its called in english) wider in order to fit wider tires?
Goin above 500hp must require a minumum 300mm (12" or whatever) width, to get a decent grip on launch (more of a take off for you guys hehe).
What is the maximum width a mag can handle on the rear tires btw?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am using Proxis ST's 255's and I only get a small screech. I am not spraying off the line I wait until a min of 2500 RPM and spray "dirty" which means I am not purging the lines. If I purge the lines I would have to wait until 3500 min in order to prevent detonation, which is what kills the motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.