DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the predator a few week,s back and i,m getting ready to do the zex nitrous kit with a 150 shot what i,d like to know is which tune i should run and are there any guy,s doing custom tunes with it yet

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I'm only writing this to keep it on top, cause I don't know squat about No2, "hemifever", is doing custom tunes, a 150 shot is about the most you want to run from what I've read, and I think I also read you want to run the 87 caned tune, if you run any canned tune, I wouldn't, timing advance is not a good thing with nitrous. I'd talk to hemifever before I put the juice to Er'. :SPIN:

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Like posted, run the lowest octane canned tune with the highest octane fuel you can buy (93-100 octane). This should keep you safe. Also, get a wideband 02 sensor and tune the nitrous with different nitrous/fuel jets instead of adjusting your tune on the predator. This will be much cheaper and much easier because you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
will there be any more gain from a programmer with an 87 tune, or will it be like its not even there? I just baught a superchips programmer, and have already used the nitrous plenty of times, just wondering if it will make me faster with juice?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
will there be any more gain from a programmer with an 87 tune, or will it be like its not even there? I just baught a superchips programmer, and have already used the nitrous plenty of times, just wondering if it will make me faster with juice?
Its going to give you faster shifts even on the 87 tune, so yes there will be a gain.

·
Banned
24 Posts
If running the Predator with N20, it is a good idea to pull a few degrees of timing at WOT to account for the HEMIs less than stellar piston strength.

No need to use the 87 tune, as you can pull as much timing from the 93 tune as needed, and still have all of the off idle/non WOT performance you expect from the tune.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If running the Predator with N20, it is a good idea to pull a few degrees of timing at WOT to account for the HEMIs less than stellar piston strength.

No need to use the 87 tune, as you can pull as much timing from the 93 tune as needed, and still have all of the off idle/non WOT performance you expect from the tune.

Thanks
Mike

cool so if i pull some timing how much like 10deg. are more i running the 93 right now bumped the shift point,s and rev limit havn,t messed with the spark yet are wot stuff i,m old school i can tune the hell out of a carb but this computer stuff is new by the way i love my tuner woke my truck up big time

·
Hopped Up on the N
525 Posts
Hey John, funny finding you over here :D

With my Zex wet kit, they recommend the following...
75HP Shot - 0 Degree Retard
100 HP SHOT - 2 Degree Retard
125HP SHOT - 4 Degree Retard

Did you get your kit new or used? Check the instructions either way and you should find a Nitrous Jet/Fuel Jet/Timing retard chart. And like the guy from diablo said, you can run it on the 93 tune and just retard the timing. Plus you might want to throw a gallon of high octane (RACE GAS) in with the 93.

PM Roger (Sublime) on da ORG. He is the Nitrous GURU o'da ORG. :D

Also, what else did you get with your setup?

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
I'm only writing this to keep it on top, cause I don't know squat about No2, "hemifever", is doing custom tunes, a 150 shot is about the most you want to run from what I've read, and I think I also read you want to run the 87 caned tune, if you run any canned tune, I wouldn't, timing advance is not a good thing with nitrous. I'd talk to hemifever before I put the juice to Er'. :SPIN:
Last word I heard from Hemifever is he didn't want to tune for the predator until Diablo Sport gets their chit together.
I too would talk to hemifever and people that have actually had good success custom tuning trucks and running NOS before doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.