Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2010 Nitro that I recently bought used this past September and shortly after I noticed I was only getting luke warm air when I needed to use the heat and defroster was not working, getting fog on the inside. I had one dealer tell me there is a "clog" and I'd need a new radiator and heating core to the tune of the $1600.00. So I took it back to the original dealer that I brought it from, then flushed out the radiator, new coolant & flushed core, now it's blowing hotter than ever and works great. So, what has me left with a question mark is this; can the radiator and heater be going this soon & with only 53,500 miles? Thx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, it's possible for the heater core to fail... quite common actually from what I have been told. 7-8 years is apparently the normal life span of these components. It's a very labour intensive job as the dash has to be removed to replace the heater core. If you have to go this route, have them replace the A/C evaporator core as well. It's also in the heater box, and it just makes sense to change it while it's out of the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.