DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one sold on day two, but I just ordered another... looks like we found a winning combo for the '08 bodystyle. :tup:

Attachments

· Banned
242 Posts
It looks great. I wasn't so sure about the new style, but I am liking them more and more.

· Registered
1,010 Posts
yea def a great looking truck for sure

· Registered
738 Posts
Looks great.

I have a ??? about the black paint. I looked at an 07 the other day it looked like a metalic black. Is the 08' black a metalic paint or gloss black?

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cc1999 said:
Looks great.

I have a ??? about the black paint. I looked at an 07 the other day it looked like a metalic black. Is the 08' black a metalic paint or gloss black?
Yes sir, the color is called Brilliant Black, and it is a metallic black. Very nice color. :)

· Registered
738 Posts
I kinda wondered if that name Brilliant wasn't code for metalic. Thanks FreeLantz.

If you ever run accross some pics of a 2008 white crew cab laramie please pass them along. Thats what I am thinking about ordering.

· Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
As far as I know, in 07 they offered both metallic and non-metallic black, didn't they?

I like the metallic personally. :D

· Registered
738 Posts
I have always loved black, but I am partial to gloss black. Metalic black to me when in direct light, looks kinda dusty or dull. That pic above is in the shade and looks like gloss black IMO, thats why I was asking which it was.

· '02 Dakota QC SLT Plus
374 Posts
BACKnBLACK'06 said:
It looks great. I wasn't so sure about the new style, but I am liking them more and more.
Certain colors look better than others do on this Dakota generation. *this is my opinion, not bashing those that like the '05+ look* The '08 look is a huge improvement over the botched look of the 05-07 Dakotas. The front end is much nicer, but it still has those hideous square-edged, slapped-on front fenders... I'd consider buying an '08 if I needed to replace my current truck. Not saying "never", it would have to be a cold day somewhere before I would consider an 05-07.

· Registered
193 Posts
I do not like the 08s at all. this is exactly like my 07, same paint and all and I'd have to say I like mine a lot more. What I dont like about the 08s is that the top of the front grille is even with the top of the headlights. If theyd made it like the previous gens where the grille goes above, i think it wouldve looked amazing.

· Registered
738 Posts
New front clip, and I think they made some interior changes, along with the new 300 hp 4.7 v8 that is supose to be more efficient that the older ones, looking at the new EPA ratings its rated higher now with V8 than with the v6 in terms of fuel economy.

· Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a link to the EPA numbers for the V8? I have an 05 V6 and it does way better than my 2000 QC with the 4.7 did. I wouldn't mind having the V8 again if it could do better than the 3.7 in my 05.

· Registered
738 Posts
I was window shopping at the dealer the sunday before last, and was just looking at the EPA rating on the stickers of the 08's, but I think they may have those numbers on the Dodge site. If I remember right there was a V8 auto with a 19mpg rating, a v6 auto with a 18 rating and a V6 manual with a 20 rating. Not a big difference. But these new for 2008 EPA rating rules are suppose to make these ratings a lot more real world. So that you don't buy one and get it home to find out it gets 14 or 15 mpg. Or like in the case of my Hemi powered Jeep Commander getting 11-12 maybe 15 on 100% highway with a tailwind and max speed of 65-70. LOL

Here is a 4wd chart I found today.

· Banned
505 Posts
That truck is absolutely hideous. Those wheels are the ugliest things I have ever seen. Starting in 05 these trucks get uglier and uglier I guess.
Doesn't matter to me though, it won't be long and I'll be off to the Toyota dealer for a new truck. I'm very bored with my truck after 16 months of ownership. The bouncy jouncy shocks that the dealer won't fix and the lack of a stick shift have done me in.

· Registered
738 Posts
I too, thought about the Toyo, but, NO Leather, No V8, and to top it off the Toyo V6 is rated the same as far as fuel ecconomy goes, as the 300+ hp V8 Dakota. The only thing I liked about the Tacoma was the crew cab had a option for a longer bed.

Looks are just a matter of personal opinon, IMO the 08' Dakota crew cabs are pretty sharp looking trucks. Myself, I like the Laramie version better than the sport version, but thats why there are so many choices out there.

· Creature Of The Wheel
8,879 Posts
if I had the money, i'd buy one.

· Mopar Kid
557 Posts
cc199 i dont know if i would talk to you anymore if you bought a toyo jk Hell yeah the Dakota is the best Pound For Pound Mid-sized pick up out there can't beat them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.